BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SONALP34
Calcite | Level 5

I would lke to copy existing SAS RTDM campaign or decision jobs with its components, basically duplicating and than editing (such as renaming, changing the Start Node and Reply Node).  What would be the best approach? It seems copy and paste does not work.  Could it be the Export package and Import package from Management Console.  Thank you in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4
shill
SAS Employee

"Save As" is the simplest approach. You can export/import, but it would have to be imported into a new folder since it would have the same name as the one you exported in the first place.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

SONALP34
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you very much.
SONALP34
Calcite | Level 5

RTDM save as.pngS

Assuming I have saved the SAS RTDM Decision "Job1" (in RTDM App/Test Environment) as "Job1_v2" within the same environment (keeping within the same Business Context).

1. I would like to send the output (decision) to different database (RTDM Database 2)? 
  2. Since the Job1_v2 is same as Job1, which uses the same Event/trigger/web service with in same Business Context, how can I differentiate;
    • where user(or web server/wdsl) uses Job1 output must go to "RTDM Database",  
    • and when user(or web service/wsdl) uses Job1_v2 the ouput must go to "RTDM Database 2".

What is the best practice in such senerios? Can I simply change the Reply Node to point output data in to different output server?

Keeping the decision process/algorithm same, how can I change the event/trigger( with same input data) and the target location of the results (same outputs).

Thank you in advance.

shill
SAS Employee

Since RTDM is a request/reply model, the output from the Reply node is simply returned to the caller. Perhaps you could clarify what you mean by "output"?

The only thing that gets written to a database is the contact history and associated dynamic treatment data. The database it writes to is determined by the environment and business context, so all Decision Campaigns that are deployed from that busines context and executed in that environment will write to the same database.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation