BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pcapazzi
Pyrite | Level 9

Is there a way to get a newly added communication node's occurence number up to a count that matches the other communication nodes? It needs to be connected to a cell in order to execute. I think the best way would be to disable the communication node from writing to contact history and executing the node the necessary amount of times to get it up to the correct count. Then re-enable writing to contact history. 

Would that work? Does CIS track the occurrences outside of CDM so that when I re-enable writing to contact history it skips a number of occurences? 

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shill
SAS Employee
The occurrence number is tracked inside the campaign object; what's written to the CDM is just recording what it is at that time, so your approach should work fine, and is the only mechanism I know of. It might also be possible to use the integration utilities to export it to XML and find/update the occurrence number, then use the Update action to get it back into metadata, but that's a lot riskier, IMHO.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
shill
SAS Employee
The occurrence number is tracked inside the campaign object; what's written to the CDM is just recording what it is at that time, so your approach should work fine, and is the only mechanism I know of. It might also be possible to use the integration utilities to export it to XML and find/update the occurrence number, then use the Update action to get it back into metadata, but that's a lot riskier, IMHO.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation