BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Saad360
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

I'm going through the CI360 Bootcamp (Engage Ex00) and I'm facing an error (please see last screenshot) when attempting to send a POST request to CI360 using the REST API (using Postman).

2020-07-15.png2020-07-15 (3).png2020-07-15 (4).png2020-07-15 (5).png

2020-07-15 (6).png2020-07-15 (7).png

The steps described in the Bootcamp to create API Access are a little bit different compared to the current release of CI360 as it is now found under settings, and the username appears to be different as well (email now instead of tenant id previously). Since this appears to be an authentication issues, I'm guessing it might be related to that change.

Please let me know if you have any insights into this, and thank you very much for your time.

Best,

Saad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OlafKratzsch
SAS Employee
You have to be a 'SAS Administrator' in AppCentral for that tenant and thus a tenant Super User. These are the only user that can manage access capabilities (Roles, Groups, API Users). Having the role of 'Configuration Admin' is not sufficient.
We moved the ability of managing API Users from the 'Configuration Admin' to the Super User earlier this year to tighten up security so that not everyone who has access to the settings can define API Users

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
OlafKratzsch
SAS Employee

The API User credentials you are creating under the User -> Settings in the top right hand corner are solely for the PLAN APIs which require a user context. For all Other APIs that don't use a JWT you need to create credentials under General Settings -> External -> API Users

OlafKratzsch_0-1594837979944.png

Saad360
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you Olaf for your quick reply.

Indeed that's the guideline in the Bootcamp exercice, but I couldn't find API Access in the settings as shown in the screenshot below, I assumed that it was moved to the user settings.

2020-07-15 (8).png

Best,

OlafKratzsch
SAS Employee
You have to be a 'SAS Administrator' in AppCentral for that tenant and thus a tenant Super User. These are the only user that can manage access capabilities (Roles, Groups, API Users). Having the role of 'Configuration Admin' is not sufficient.
We moved the ability of managing API Users from the 'Configuration Admin' to the Super User earlier this year to tighten up security so that not everyone who has access to the settings can define API Users
Saad360
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you Olaf for your answers!

I managed to contact support to change the role and fixed the issue.

Best,

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation