BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PiaRønnevik
SAS Employee

This year's Christmas tip is based on an inquiry from a customer who needed help with a visualization that was built by using SAS Graph Builder. As a report developer, I think that this visualization could be very useful to know about.

In order, to achieve this visualization in VA, the data needs to have a certain structure. I found suitable data from Statistics Norway. The data consist of average monthly salary for the IT Services Industry for various years by age groups, hence the following:

Picture1.png

The purpose of the visualization is to show the average over 4 years for all the different age groups, while at the same time visualize the different averages for each year. There is no objects that could visualize this as wanted in VA, so you need to build a new graph in SAS Graph Builder by the following steps:

• Go to SAS Graph Builder.
  • Choose New Custom Graph up on the right side.
  • Drag first in a bar chart from Elements on the left side.
  • Drag in four scatter plots on the top (you could choose even more, depending how many years you want to show).
  • Go to Options on the right side to choose the different markers for each scatter plot. In addition, set the size of the markers and the colors: 

Bilde1.png

• Under Role, define the following:

Bilde2.png

• Then save the new Custom Graph

To use this new Custom Graph in VA, you need to import the new graph into objects by clicking ' Import custom graph':

Bilde3.png

So now, use this new Custom Graph in your VA report by just dragging it to the canvas and defining the following Roles:

Bilde5.png

The final touch is to set a proper title and choose the color for the bar chart, so go to options on the right side. For instant set the style like this:

Bilde6.png

The result should then look like this:

Bilde7.png

I hope that this visualization could be of any use for you, and at the same time I wish you a Merry Christmas.🎄🎄🎄

Take a look at the autumn/winter 2020 program and events for FANS and other SAS users!
www.sas.com/fans | #SASFANS #sasnordicusers

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 in conversation