BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
larsarne
SAS Employee

Hi, I just made a video to show how you can automate migration from SAS Enterprise Guide to SAS Viya.

It is based on a public repository here: https://github.com/larsatsas/auto-eg2viya so if you want to try this out yourself and have access to an environment with Enterprise Guide as well as a SAS Viya environment, you may want to try this out yourself.

As many now are considering migrating Enterprise Guide projects to SAS Viya - I wanted to see how we could automate this quite tedious process that requires tight attention to details.

As humans we are not always good at this – we get bored and sloppy, and mistakes may happen.

So why not automate this and have a computer do this for us? With CICD and devops being a thing, doing migration through CICD seems to be a sensible way of attacking this. Also – many of the tools for migration are well suited for automation – most of them have command-line options.

And as a CICD addict and true believer in all things agile, going cicd on migration makes a ton of sense.

The repository have content and guidance on:

• Understanding and setting up the environments to prepare for CICD
  • How to use git to transfer content between SAS94 and SAS Viya
  • Using github actions to automate importing and validation of sas content to SAS Viya

Watch the video and let me know what you think - and do take a peak at the repo mentioned above.

1 REPLY 1
PiaRønnevik
SAS Employee

This is great Lars Arne, thank you for sharing!

Take a look at the autumn/winter 2020 program and events for FANS and other SAS users!
www.sas.com/fans | #SASFANS #sasnordicusers

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation