BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mmaccora
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Is there a way to enroll the courses for the Data Science Certification in other countries than US ?

Indeed, I use SAS Enterprise Guide and Miner everyday in my job activity and now I really want to improve my skills through this program.

Thank you in advance for your answer,

Marco

4 REPLIES 4
beccagre
SAS Moderator

Hello Marco,

Thank you for your question.  I needed to do a little investigation before responding back to you.  If you go to our Data Science Certification web page at:  SAS Data Science Certification

there is some good information there about the entire program.  You will note that you can either take the immersive classroom program or the blended/e-learning offering.  Right now, the blended/e-learning offering is only available in the United States.  The classroom programs are offered in the US, Australia, India, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand and now Brazil.  Those are the only countries that I am aware of where you can enroll for the classes.  I am not sure where you are located but if you are willing to provide me with that information,  I can have someone from our training group contact you. 

Hope this information is somewhat helpful to you.

Again, thank you for your interest.

Becky

mmaccora
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you very much for your answer Becky!

Currently, I live in switzerland. I have seen an offer in euros, that explains why I thought it could be possible to follow the e-learning courses at my own pace with all the training material available. A SAS consultant has asked me in this way. If indeed, it is the case, I would be very interested in this training format and to be contacted.

Thanks a lot!

Marco

Link to the offer in euros: https://www.sas.com/sas/training/academy-data-science.html

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

HI, Marco:
We anticipate an announcement soon -- by the end of the year -- regarding which countries will participate in the international offering of the modules in the Data Science Academy. Stay tuned on this site and the main SAS Academy site for an announcement.

Meanwhile, while you are waiting for an announcement, make sure you have the prerequisite programming knowledge that is recommended here: https://www.sas.com/en_us/learn/academy-data-science/data-science-certification.html -- scroll down to the section of the page that has the heading "Is this program right for me?" and read about the programming prerequisites that we recommend. Your EG and EM experience is good. We also recommend that you have SAS Programming experience to the level of Programming 1, Programming 2, SQL 1 and Macro Language 1.

Hope this whets your interest!

cynthia

PS -- this posting is related to the e-learning version of the SAS Academy, which, right now, is only available in the US. For information about the in-person training in other countries, refer to Becky's posting.

mmaccora
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Cynthia!

Thank you for noticing this point. Indeed, I have planned to do the programming preparation before enrolling the certification.

As you mentioned, I will stay tuned on the website for the annoucement you refered to.

Thank you again for your answer!

Marco

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers
3 ways to show off your SAS skills

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation