BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
swayto
Fluorite | Level 6

Am trying to set up a practice data set as instructed by Sas Certification Prep Guide Advance Programming Book.

Submit the following code in a Code window:
libname sasuser "/folders/myfolders/certprep";

Note:You must use the filename of the new folder. In our examples, we use the name certprep. If you use another filename, substitute the folder name that you created for certprep.

I set up a folder name certprep and submitted the above code in Enterprise Guide and the result is below;

1 %_eg_hidenotesandsource;
5 %_eg_hidenotesandsource;
30 libname sasuser "/folders/myfolders/certprep";
32 %_eg_hidenotesandsource;
47 %_eg_hidenotesandsource;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Instead of using /folders/myfolders/certprep, you need to use a location that YOU can write to. For example, let's say that your EG can read from and write to your C: drive, then you might have a LIBNAME statement like this:

libname sasuser "c:\SAS_data\certprep";

or, if your EG can only read from and write to a network drive:

libname sasuser "/usr/bin/xxxyyy/certprep";

The /folder/myfolder/certprep location was the  suggested folder path for SAS University Edition. It is the operating system location needed for University Edition. On my system, when I tested the instructions in EG, I used 

libname sasuser "c:\base\certprep";

The important thing for the version of the Prep Guide that you have is to redirect SASUSER to a write-access location. Just use a path that you have write access to. Note that you might have to upload the zip file contents to a server location if you cannot read from/write to your local drive with EG.

Cynthia

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Reeza
Super User
That's weird. Usually the folders/myfolders is used for SAS University Edition. Are you following the correct setup instructions for EG instead of SAS UE or SAS Studio?
swayto
Fluorite | Level 6

SAS Enterprise Guide
To download the sample data:
1.Start SAS Enterprise Guide.
2.In the Welcome to SAS Enterprise window, select New Project.
3.Select File ð New ð Program.
4.Depending on your network configuration, you might not have Write access to the Sasuser directory where the sample data is stored. To determine the status of the Sasuser directory, submit the following code:
proc options option=rsasuser;
run;
5.If the result from the PROC OPTIONS code is RSASUSER, you must redirect the Sasuser folder by creating a new folder. From your server area, open the Files folder, right-click on a drive or folder, and select New Folder. Enter the new folder name.Note: If the result from the PROC OPTIONS code is NORSASUSER, the Sasuser folder is writable, and you do not have to redirect the Sasuser folder. Therefore, you can skip this step and the next one.
6.Submit the following code in a Code window:
libname sasuser "/folders/myfolders/certprep";Note:You must use the filename of the new folder. In our examples, we use the name certprep. If you use another filename, substitute the folder name that you created for certprep.

Reeza
Super User
Did you check the errata page for updates/errors?

Either way, find the folder you created, right click it and use the path from there in your libname.
swayto
Fluorite | Level 6

what is errata page, and where can i find it

Reeza
Super User

@swayto wrote:

what is errata page, and where can i find it

Errata pages are updates that indicate errors in printed materials, because you can't update after things have gone to the printer. I used Google, it's usually linked to from the book page. 

https://support.sas.com/content/dam/SAS/support/en/books/errata-advanced.pdf

It doesn't appear that your issues is listed, you can contact learning@sas.com and they may be able to help you out. I think the instructions may also be in the Training community, I'll move this post there as well actually.

swayto
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank You very Much

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Instead of using /folders/myfolders/certprep, you need to use a location that YOU can write to. For example, let's say that your EG can read from and write to your C: drive, then you might have a LIBNAME statement like this:

libname sasuser "c:\SAS_data\certprep";

or, if your EG can only read from and write to a network drive:

libname sasuser "/usr/bin/xxxyyy/certprep";

The /folder/myfolder/certprep location was the  suggested folder path for SAS University Edition. It is the operating system location needed for University Edition. On my system, when I tested the instructions in EG, I used 

libname sasuser "c:\base\certprep";

The important thing for the version of the Prep Guide that you have is to redirect SASUSER to a write-access location. Just use a path that you have write access to. Note that you might have to upload the zip file contents to a server location if you cannot read from/write to your local drive with EG.

Cynthia

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation