BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
proctice
Quartz | Level 8

I would like to earn the SAS Predictive Modeler certification.  I have taken the Applied Analytics e-course and although I generally love SAS e-courses, I didn't like this one because you have to read most of the material instead of having it taught to you like in most other SAS courses.  Only the software demos had audio, the rest of the class did not.  

So, I am considering taking the live web course.  Could anyone tell me if it is worth the money, is it better than the e-course with more lectures and less reading on your own and most importantly were you able to pass the certification exam after taking it with little exposure to Enterprise Miner.   Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1
beccagre
SAS Moderator

Hello,

I work in the SAS Global Certification program and wanted to respond to at least part of your question.  You asked if people were able to pass the certification exam after taking the Live Web course with little exposure to Enterprise Miner?   I have not personally attended the Live Web course, although I know that most of our Live Web courses are good and they strive to make them as interactive as possible.  I wanted to comment on the exposure to Enterprise Miner.   You need to have good, practical work experience with Enterprise Miner before attempting to sit for this exam.  We recommend that you have worked with and used Enterprise Miner.  I would highly recommend going to our SAS Certification web site and take a close look at the Exam Content Guide for the exam.  It gives specific details about what you will be expected to know how to do using Enterprise Miner.  If you want to be successful on this exam, you've got to be very familiar with the tool and how to use it.   Here is the link:  https://www.sas.com/en_us/certification/credentials/advanced-analytics/predictive-modeler-14.html

Once on the page, scroll down to the header "Exam Content and Pricing", then click on Exam Content Guide and take a look at what you are expected to know how to do with Enterprise Miner. 

Hope this helps and best of luck to you.

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers
3 ways to show off your SAS skills

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation