BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is locked. We are no longer accepting replies to this topic. Need further help? Please sign in and ask a new question.
niyi4oau
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I have reserved the Virtual Lab for lecture exercises. I was able to log in using Eric username and password. When I tried to open a file in explorer I got this message: The LASR Analytics Server that is associated with Shared Data/VAE73/LASR Data/INSIGHT_TOY_COMPANY_2012(Table) is not available. Please contact your system administrator for assistance.

Any help on how to fix this. I could not practice the exercises in the modules I was doing.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
TheresaStemler
SAS Moderator

Hi niyi4oau

Did you sign in as Christine first? If not, you've missed a step.  Search the board for the following topic: Facing problem in sign in to SAS Visual Analytics. 

-theresa

niyi4oau
Calcite | Level 5
I did login first with Christine and still have the same issue in Christine. What do you mean by "THEN load the data"? How do I load the data that I will use for exercises?
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
The directions in the REQUIRED set up instructions tell you exactly how to LOAD the data. The setup instructions have 4 pages in a PDF file. Page 3 is where it shows how to LOAD the tables. Please look here:

page3_load_tablels.png

You can't just start the servers, you also must load the tables. In a production environment, you would probably have a systems team to do this for the company. However, when you use the Amazon Virtual Lab, it is the student's responsibility to START the LASR servers and LOAD the tables.

Hope this helps,
Cynthia

This is a knowledge-sharing community for learners in the Academy. Find answers to your questions or post here for a reply.
To ensure your success, use these getting-started resources:

Estimating Your Study Time
Reserving Software Lab Time
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Troubleshooting Your SAS-Hadoop Training Environment

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation