BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
srikanth421
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

Can anyone help me in using the virtual lab? I have SAS studio (student version) but how do I do the labs from the above course? I see the following instructions:

Accessing SAS Studio in the Virtual Lab
1. From the Windows desktop in the virtual lab, launch a web browser.
2. On the Favorites toolbar, click the SAS Studio link.

Not sure how to access the virtual lab. It seems the course content is free but the virtual lab isn't. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Srikanth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

During the Free Trial, the Virtual Lab is free to use. You just have to read the documentation and make a reservation. Inside the Virtual Learning Environment on the right side of the screen, you see the Virtual Lab Reservation System. It has 2 basic "states" -- locked and unlocked as shown below.

vlrs_locked_unlocked.png

If your Reservation System looks like what is on the left side, then you need to click to read the documentation in order to unlock the ability to make a reservation. If your Reservation system looks like what is on the right side, then you can make a reservation for a Virtual Lab session. We do recommend watching some of the videos and reading the instructions. The instructions for this class in the SAS Academy for Data Science have been altered to refer to the D drive on the Virtual Lab image as the location for the data. You won't have a D drive on your machine or local SAS Studio. So please take a close look at your VLE screen and see what state your Virtual Lab Reservation System is in and whether it's ready to make a reservation.

Cynthia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

During the Free Trial, the Virtual Lab is free to use. You just have to read the documentation and make a reservation. Inside the Virtual Learning Environment on the right side of the screen, you see the Virtual Lab Reservation System. It has 2 basic "states" -- locked and unlocked as shown below.

vlrs_locked_unlocked.png

If your Reservation System looks like what is on the left side, then you need to click to read the documentation in order to unlock the ability to make a reservation. If your Reservation system looks like what is on the right side, then you can make a reservation for a Virtual Lab session. We do recommend watching some of the videos and reading the instructions. The instructions for this class in the SAS Academy for Data Science have been altered to refer to the D drive on the Virtual Lab image as the location for the data. You won't have a D drive on your machine or local SAS Studio. So please take a close look at your VLE screen and see what state your Virtual Lab Reservation System is in and whether it's ready to make a reservation.

Cynthia

srikanth421
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the reply Cynthia. When I click on Chapter 1 and looking at a video - I don't see anything on the top right corner. I had to come out one page back to view the "Read Documentation".