BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pvareschi
Quartz | Level 8
Re: Applied Analytics Using SAS Enterprise Miner
With regard to chapter 7 of the course notes:
1. What is the difference between "SAS Code" and "Optimized SAS Code" (see page 7-8)?
2. Is it correct to say that when scoring a Score table, Enterprise Miner assumes the table is a true representation of the population in terms of proportions of events/non-events? As such, no adjustments based on prior probabilities are applied; however, Decisions, in terms of Expected Profit and Decision classification, are based on the Decision Weights and Prior Probabilities specified for the data source used for training
3. With regard to Decisions, is it possible to use property Decision of the Input Data node related to the Score table (see page 7.7) to amend the decision weights to be applied during scoring? If so, would that require a target variable present on the Score dataset?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gcjfernandez
SAS Employee
1. What is the difference between "SAS Code" and "Optimized SAS Code" (see page 7-8)?
My Answer:
SAS code: Base SAS code associated with the process flow diagram used in building the predictive model.
Optimized SAS code: After excluding all redundant SAS codes associated with the variables not included in the final model, the optimized SAS code only includes BASE SAS code needed to score the new scoring data.
My Answer:
2. Is it correct to say that when scoring a Score table, Enterprise Miner assumes the table is a true representation of the population in terms of proportions of events/non-events?
My Answer:
Yes this is  a correct assumption
As such, no adjustments based on prior probabilities are applied; however, Decisions, in terms of Expected Profit and Decision classification, are based on the Decision Weights and Prior Probabilities specified for the data source used for training
My Answer:
This is incorrect.  Because if over or separate sampling was practiced during the model development, the SAS code for future scoring contains code for  proper posterior probability  adjustments, and computing expected and average profits. 
3. With regard to Decisions, is it possible to use property Decision of the Input Data node related to the Score table (see page 7.7) to amend the decision weights to be applied during scoring? If so, would that require a target variable present on the Score dataset?
My Answer:
Yes, this step is automatically performed and this adjustment is included in the optimized Base SAS code.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
gcjfernandez
SAS Employee
1. What is the difference between "SAS Code" and "Optimized SAS Code" (see page 7-8)?
My Answer:
SAS code: Base SAS code associated with the process flow diagram used in building the predictive model.
Optimized SAS code: After excluding all redundant SAS codes associated with the variables not included in the final model, the optimized SAS code only includes BASE SAS code needed to score the new scoring data.
My Answer:
2. Is it correct to say that when scoring a Score table, Enterprise Miner assumes the table is a true representation of the population in terms of proportions of events/non-events?
My Answer:
Yes this is  a correct assumption
As such, no adjustments based on prior probabilities are applied; however, Decisions, in terms of Expected Profit and Decision classification, are based on the Decision Weights and Prior Probabilities specified for the data source used for training
My Answer:
This is incorrect.  Because if over or separate sampling was practiced during the model development, the SAS code for future scoring contains code for  proper posterior probability  adjustments, and computing expected and average profits. 
My Answer:
Yes, this step is automatically performed and this adjustment is included in the optimized Base SAS code.

This is a knowledge-sharing community for learners in the Academy. Find answers to your questions or post here for a reply.
To ensure your success, use these getting-started resources:

Estimating Your Study Time
Reserving Software Lab Time
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Troubleshooting Your SAS-Hadoop Training Environment

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation