BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Iblouse
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, I am working on the Data Curation Professional but when I got to the Hadoop section Hue is not connecting in order for me to practice the course activities. I am getting the following message: 

"server.04.demo.sas.com refuse to connect"

and my data science 30 days trial end in 3 days I want to finish it then take the exam.

Do SAS has discount for people who takes multiple certification exams. I took the Machine Learning and Forecasting & Optimization in the past 30 days. Now I want to take Natural Language & Computer Vision + Data Curation exams in the next two weeks. I am not a student and I am unemployed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

The Data Curation image for the Hadoop image can have a problem with the services starting, especially since that is a multi-machine image. We have had reports from students of issues when they keep working from a saved image instead of working from a fresh image. It sounds like you did the right thing to get it going.

The 30 day free trial is not extendable. We allow one free trial activation per student profile. The 30-day free trial is intended as a way for students to preview the material and learn what kind of SAS skills they will gain after they take all the Data Science classes. The free trial also gives them a way to "test drive" the e-learning format and the use of the Amazon Virtual Lab to complete their practices. And ,the free trial also gives potential students a chance to decide between the Advanced Analytics Professional module of 9 classes focusing on SAS Enterprise Miner and Text Miner and SAS/STAT for analytics and modeling and the AI&ML Professional module of 5 classes focusing on SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Viya.

We don't expect anyone to finish ALL the work for the Data Science exams in 30 days. The 30 day trial would be enough to touch the surface of some of the classes, but in all honesty is probably not enough time to study at a level in order to pass the graded exams administered by PearsonVue.

If you want to continue with the Data Science Academy, we offer discounts in the US and most other countries to students so that you could finish the work at your own pace.

It sounds like the free trial gave you a good chance to experience the ins and outs of working with the Virtual Lab. If you are interested in purchasing one of the levels, please contact your local SAS office to find out the price in your country. The web site for the US offering for Data Curation is here: https://www.sas.com/en_us/training/academy-data-science/data-curation-certification.html  .

Cynthia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Iblouse
Obsidian | Level 7

After trying the 'Verify and Fix the SAS and Hadoop Collection' steps and it was not working but after ending reservation and reserving again, now it is working. Is there a way to get extra 30 days for the trials?

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

The Data Curation image for the Hadoop image can have a problem with the services starting, especially since that is a multi-machine image. We have had reports from students of issues when they keep working from a saved image instead of working from a fresh image. It sounds like you did the right thing to get it going.

The 30 day free trial is not extendable. We allow one free trial activation per student profile. The 30-day free trial is intended as a way for students to preview the material and learn what kind of SAS skills they will gain after they take all the Data Science classes. The free trial also gives them a way to "test drive" the e-learning format and the use of the Amazon Virtual Lab to complete their practices. And ,the free trial also gives potential students a chance to decide between the Advanced Analytics Professional module of 9 classes focusing on SAS Enterprise Miner and Text Miner and SAS/STAT for analytics and modeling and the AI&ML Professional module of 5 classes focusing on SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Viya.

We don't expect anyone to finish ALL the work for the Data Science exams in 30 days. The 30 day trial would be enough to touch the surface of some of the classes, but in all honesty is probably not enough time to study at a level in order to pass the graded exams administered by PearsonVue.

If you want to continue with the Data Science Academy, we offer discounts in the US and most other countries to students so that you could finish the work at your own pace.

It sounds like the free trial gave you a good chance to experience the ins and outs of working with the Virtual Lab. If you are interested in purchasing one of the levels, please contact your local SAS office to find out the price in your country. The web site for the US offering for Data Curation is here: https://www.sas.com/en_us/training/academy-data-science/data-curation-certification.html  .

Cynthia