BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is locked. We are no longer accepting replies to this topic. Need further help? Please sign in and ask a new question.
WWD
Obsidian | Level 7 WWD
Obsidian | Level 7

In the Module 4, chapter “Predictive Modeling Using Logistic Regression” course notes, the author makes a statement about the non-linear relationship between a predictor variable and the logodds dependent variable.

On page 3-49 of the notes, the author says that DDABal has a low Spearman value and a high Hoeffding value.  On page 3-47, for DDABal, Spearman’s rank = 23 and Hoeffding’s Rank = 3. 

What output is the author looking at to base their statement about the respective ranks for DDABal?

Thank you,

Bill Donaldson

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I've sent your question to the course instructors for follow-up.
Cynthia
TWoodfield
SAS Employee

The Hoeffding rank of 3 indicates that only two other variables have a larger Hoeffding value, namely SavBal and Dep. Thus, it is the third highest value, so it seems reasonable to say it has a high Hoeffding value. The Spearman rank of 23 implies 22 out of the remaining 36 variables have a higher Spearman value, so it seems reasonable to say that DDABal has a low Spearman value, although it is true that 14 variables have a lower value. A low rank implies a high value. The actual values are shown in the table on page 3-47 along with the ranks.

I hope I am not misunderstanding your question.

Terry Woodfield

This is a knowledge-sharing community for learners in the Academy. Find answers to your questions or post here for a reply.
To ensure your success, use these getting-started resources:

Estimating Your Study Time
Reserving Software Lab Time
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Troubleshooting Your SAS-Hadoop Training Environment

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation