BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
nidhi12mishra
Calcite | Level 5

Beeline> Trying to connect to jdbc hive connection after entering username and  password but getting error as below:

Could not open connection to the HS2 server. Please check the server URI and if the URI is correct, then ask the administrator to check the server status.
Error: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://server04.demo.sas.com:10000: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (state=08S01,code=0)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Our instructors been able to get onto the Virtual Lab for the SAS and Hadoop course, but they started from a FRESH image. Are you working with a FRESH image or a SAVED image. Can you explain exactly where you are working in class? The SAS and Hadoop class has 8 lessons and server04 is used in several places in the course. One of the things that the instructors recommend is that you start from a FRESH image because sometimes failure to connect means that the Virtual Lab connection to the servers timed out.

I believe that there are explicit troubleshooting suggestions in this document in the class, as shown below:  

hadoop_troubleshooting.jpg

  

You could try some of those suggestions first -- you might only need to do a restart. (I've been having issues putting the image into this post). Look immediately under the document entitled "Using the Lab with This Course" and there is a PDF for "Troubleshooting Issues with the Virtual Lab".

cynthia

If the troubleshooting document doesn't help or starting over from a FRESH image doesn't help, then here's the information you need to send (email below):

--Module: Data Curation

--Class: SAS and Hadoop:

--Lesson #:

--Section in Lesson:

--Demo, Activity or Practice Title:

--Description of problem:

--Fresh image or saved image:

--Browser used in Virtual Lab:

If you can collect this information and send it in email to edusubscriptionservices@sas.com we can investigate in more depth.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Our instructors been able to get onto the Virtual Lab for the SAS and Hadoop course, but they started from a FRESH image. Are you working with a FRESH image or a SAVED image. Can you explain exactly where you are working in class? The SAS and Hadoop class has 8 lessons and server04 is used in several places in the course. One of the things that the instructors recommend is that you start from a FRESH image because sometimes failure to connect means that the Virtual Lab connection to the servers timed out.

I believe that there are explicit troubleshooting suggestions in this document in the class, as shown below:  

hadoop_troubleshooting.jpg

  

You could try some of those suggestions first -- you might only need to do a restart. (I've been having issues putting the image into this post). Look immediately under the document entitled "Using the Lab with This Course" and there is a PDF for "Troubleshooting Issues with the Virtual Lab".

cynthia

If the troubleshooting document doesn't help or starting over from a FRESH image doesn't help, then here's the information you need to send (email below):

--Module: Data Curation

--Class: SAS and Hadoop:

--Lesson #:

--Section in Lesson:

--Demo, Activity or Practice Title:

--Description of problem:

--Fresh image or saved image:

--Browser used in Virtual Lab:

If you can collect this information and send it in email to edusubscriptionservices@sas.com we can investigate in more depth.

nidhi12mishra
Calcite | Level 5
Thank You I was using Saved Image. Problem was solved when I used Fresh Image.