BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
CLW1964
Fluorite | Level 6

I am extremely frustrated with this entire course and I would like to know if I am the only one. Or is it the possibility that I am the only one taking the course. There were two issues today. The first more of an annoyance, but it continues to occur. I am presently working in Module 1: Big Data Preparation, Statistics, and Visual Exploration, Preparing Data for Analysis and Reporting, Chapter 3. When I opened the course overview I noticed there was a check indicating I had completed chapter 3, the problem is that I have not completed chapter 3! I verified this by opening chapter 3, sure enough I had stopped at section 3.4 leaving those videos unchecked.

I had the exact opposite problem with the Stats section. There I would complete a section, or a series of videos, see a check mark on the course overview, come back the next day and it would be unchecked and random videos within the section would be unchecked.

My bigger issue, today, is with the Virtual Lab. Last week I completed setting up the DataFlux  Basics Demos, Basics Exercises, and Basics Solutions repositories and was ready to hit the ground running this morning. Or so I thought! When I opened the lab this morning they were gone, along with all the WebStudio repositories. The only thing there was the DataFlux Sample repository.

Are you telling me that I have to recreate the Basics repositories every time I work with DataFlux?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TheresaStemler
SAS Moderator

CLW1964,

I am so sorry you are having issues. I've reached out to tech support to investigate your Virtual Lab reservation.  Somehow, on Tuesday and Wednesday of last week your reservation got stuck in a cancelling mode.  By the time our tech support team became aware of the issue, you had already made another reservation -- which in turn -- overwrote the previous reservation.  To compound the issue, SAS had our 3rd weekend outage was this weekend and we can’t recover the image.  I have been assured that this rarely happens . In the future, if you notice an issue with your Virtual Lab, please use the Contact Tech Support link under Have a Question section as soon as possible.

-Theresa  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GinaRepole
SAS Employee

I have also had trouble when working in VLEs with certain segments not giving me credit, so to speak. It usually catches up a few days later, if it gets offset. I've talked to various developers about it but I haven't found a specific fix for it myself.

As far as the Virtual Lab goes, were you required to "reactivate" an old image that had expired? My view may look different as I'm a SAS employee but I have two different buttons: one to create a new image to work on and one to reactive a previously used image. If you have the same style of setup, you may have accidentally started from scratch rather than continuing where you left off. But to directly answer your question-- no, you should not have to recreate repositories in DataFlux every time you resume working.

TheresaStemler
SAS Moderator

CLW1964,

I am so sorry you are having issues. I've reached out to tech support to investigate your Virtual Lab reservation.  Somehow, on Tuesday and Wednesday of last week your reservation got stuck in a cancelling mode.  By the time our tech support team became aware of the issue, you had already made another reservation -- which in turn -- overwrote the previous reservation.  To compound the issue, SAS had our 3rd weekend outage was this weekend and we can’t recover the image.  I have been assured that this rarely happens . In the future, if you notice an issue with your Virtual Lab, please use the Contact Tech Support link under Have a Question section as soon as possible.

-Theresa  

rxp1970
Fluorite | Level 6

I seem to be having problems getting into VLE getting err connection reset.  I get to the referring site but SSO comes up on the screen and then it appears to fail.  (this was working a few minutes ago)...this is my third class from SAS offered through my university...so I'm pretty familiar with the process and how to get around the interface.  (i.e. don't need to be told to reset my browser or delete everything in my windows directory. <joking a bit on that last part>  is there a way to see if vle.sas.com/course  is available?

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

First, you never go directly to vle.sas.com/course. The JavaScript that controls the e-learning is driven by entering the course from your My Training page. To get to your My Training page, go to: support.sas.com and make sure you are logged into your Profile.

Then, go to the Learn button at the top (after you've logged in) and click on

Learn --> Find a Course. This will cause you to transfer to you the Education area on the server.

learn_1.png

Next, look for My Training at the top of the screen:

learn_2.png

Then, click on My Training and you'll transfer to your My Training page that should show the list of your courses -- this is linked to your Profile. Your class is linked to the Profile you used to activate the class. Most people have only 1 Profile, but some people have more than one. You have to be logged onto the same profile you used to activate the class to see the class or module.

Click on your course or bundle name from here. (For example, if you are taking the SAS Academy for Data Science courses, you may see: SAS Academy for Data Science: Big Data Professional or some other title for the bundle you purchased.)

This link on your My Training page will take you to the VLE, where you can start working with your course. Student have problems if they bookmark the direct VLE URLs and try to bypass their My Training page or the Profile login process.

Also, we do not recommend the use of Edge or Safari browsers for the Data Science e-learning classes. We recommend IE, Firefox or Chrome.

Otherwise, if you continue to have issues, use the link inside your VLE to report problems. Those tracks go directly to the Virtual Learning Environment Support team and the Curriculum Consultants. There should be a box on the right side of the screen with a link that looks like this:

vle_questions.png

It may be under the Virtual Lab Reservation System area or on the right by itself. It depends on whether you're at the top level of your module or drilled down into a class. These tickets go directly to the team who works with VLE and Virtual Lab issues. If there is a system wide problem, they will know of it.

Cynthia

This is a knowledge-sharing community for learners in the Academy. Find answers to your questions or post here for a reply.
To ensure your success, use these getting-started resources:

Estimating Your Study Time
Reserving Software Lab Time
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Troubleshooting Your SAS-Hadoop Training Environment

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation