BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
odesh
Quartz | Level 8

Question on Chapter 2 of  Module 1 of Big Data Preparation, Statistics and Visual Exploration.

In the final exercise of  the chapter, I need to"  rearrange the visualization to resemble the following ...". 

The next instructions are:

" e. Export an image of the treemap visualization with the default name.

1. Click options on the treemap visualization title bar and select Export image:

I am attaching my version of the set of visualizations. 

Questions:  

1. How can I get the version in the exercise ?

2. Which options button do I choose ?  Each visualization has an options button.

Thanks.

Odesh. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

To answer question #1, about where you find the Europe Product Exploration Analysis, you needed to create it in the previous exercise. If you did not use the name that was recommended, then you should find it under the name you used. Here's the Exercise where the exploration was created:

where_find_exploration.png

In the last exercise of Chapter 2 you are instructed to open the Europe Product Exploration Analysis, as shown below in the solution to the exercise (in b.3):

interacting_chap2.png

This exploration was saved in the previous exercise, entitled "Adding Analytics to an Exploration" herechapter2_va_sads_create_europe_product_exploration_analysis.png

Then, regarding #3, you need to click options on the TREEMAP visualization title bar:

where_click_options_treemap.png

In the screen shot from the solution, the treemap is in the lower corner on the right side of the screen shot. If you rearranged your visualization differently and you placed the treemap in a different place, then you need to look for the title bar on the treemap visualization and click Options there.

Cynthia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

To answer question #1, about where you find the Europe Product Exploration Analysis, you needed to create it in the previous exercise. If you did not use the name that was recommended, then you should find it under the name you used. Here's the Exercise where the exploration was created:

where_find_exploration.png

In the last exercise of Chapter 2 you are instructed to open the Europe Product Exploration Analysis, as shown below in the solution to the exercise (in b.3):

interacting_chap2.png

This exploration was saved in the previous exercise, entitled "Adding Analytics to an Exploration" herechapter2_va_sads_create_europe_product_exploration_analysis.png

Then, regarding #3, you need to click options on the TREEMAP visualization title bar:

where_click_options_treemap.png

In the screen shot from the solution, the treemap is in the lower corner on the right side of the screen shot. If you rearranged your visualization differently and you placed the treemap in a different place, then you need to look for the title bar on the treemap visualization and click Options there.

Cynthia

odesh
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Cynthia,

My question was ambiguous. I did use the  "Europe Product Exploration Analysis"  from the previous exercise. Otherwise I would not have been able to obtain my "version"  of the set of visualizations on p 2 of 3  that you showed below. My problem was that I must have hidden the treemap somewhere under the other visualizations. 

I tried this exercise 2 times and still could not locate the treemap in the final set of visualizations.

Now I understand where I need to find the "Options" button to click.

Thanks very much for your quick and in-depth help.

Odesh.