BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is locked. We are no longer accepting replies to this topic. Need further help? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Huazhen
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I'm taking the course of text mining and I can't find the tutorial about accessing to the virtual lab.

THank you.

10 REPLIES 10
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

When you are working in the SAS Academy for Data Science, you need to look on the VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) screen for the Virtual Lab Reservation System pane. Depending on where you're working in the Academy, you might see it on the right side of the screen or you might see it AFTER you click an Open Lab button. The Virtual Lab Reservation System, has 2 states -- locked and unlocked -- the different states look like this:

Cynthia_sas_0-1589736866770.png

Once the Virtual Lab Reservation System is unlocked, then you make your reservation for a practice session. In the Advanced Analytics Professional level, you have to make your reservation in the system on the side:

Cynthia_sas_1-1589737038422.png

In the AI&ML level, for the Visual Text Analytics with SAS Viya class, you click an Open Lab button, as shown below:

Cynthia_sas_2-1589737172238.png

Then, after you click the Open Lab button you should see THIS (assuming that you've unlocked the Reservation System):

Cynthia_sas_3-1589737445205.png

Hope this helps you get connected into the Virtual Lab for the class you're working in.

Cynthia

Huazhen
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you. 
piyush_barge80
Calcite | Level 5

hi,

How many times can i make a reservation of a slot for virtual lab? Is it only one time or as many times as i want?

Thanks,

PB

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Only one reservation can be "in process" and open at the same time. So if you make a reservation first thing in the morning, you will not be able to make a second reservation until the first one has ended.

Keep in mind that we do not intend for you to let the Virtual Lab sit idle while you review the slides and listen to the lectures in a course. We recommend going through an entire lesson to get the sense of what the lesson focuses on and then make your reservation to practice what is in THAT lesson. This will conserve your allotment of Virtual Lab hours, so you don't use up time while watching videos and demos.

Cynthia
matteocortivo34
Calcite | Level 5

I am not able to enter in the reservation panel and I see this message 

"Access to the virtual lab has been temporarily disabled. You can continue the course and use the lab when access is restored."

What can I do?

Matteo Cortivo
Associate Data Analyst & Data Scientist
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
It is my understanding that some of the Virtual Labs had to be temporarily disabled due to security fixes that needed to happen. If you have issues with the Virtual Lab in your training we can find out more when we are able to see exactly what class(es) you're using. Please send mail to elearn@sas.com so we can look up your e-learning registrations and check with the support team.
Cynthia
learner76600
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am currently beginning my first lesson. The first preriquisite is to launch the SAS Virtual Lab. However I have no idea how to do this. After searching for answer in the SAS community, I understand there should be a panel somewhere for Virtual Lab resevation. However, I do not know where it is. I checked on the Virtual Learning Environemnt page, but I can see nothing.

learner76600_0-1691395537029.pnglearner76600_1-1691395554989.png

Could you please help me quickly?

Many thanks in advance.

JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
What is the course/program/subscription you have? Is it just the "SAS® Visual Statistics in SAS® Viya®: Interactive Model Building" course with a virtual lab or is it the SAS Data Science Academy or something else?
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

If you are taking the Visual Statistics class, then there are 2 different types of Virtual Lab that are used in that course. Here's what both labs look like:

Cynthia_sas_0-1691420290508.png

Without more information from you, I can't tell you how to get into the Virtual Lab. If you are an academic user, with a SAS Profile that's been set up with your University address, then you'll probably see the green Launch button when you enter the course. However, if you have purchased the class, then you probably will see the reservation based Virtual Lab on your class page. Usually, the reservation-based Virtual Lab is locked until you read the documentation to unlock the ability to make a reservation.

Please go into your class on the main class page and look on the right side of the screen. If you have your browser window zoomed to a large percent, the Reservation panel may not be on the right side of the screen, it may be at the bottom of the screen.

If you continue to have issues and cannot find the Virtual Lab panel, please send mail to elearn@sas.com and let us know the email address you've used to activate the training.

Thanks,

Cynthia

satuo8
Calcite | Level 5

A friend of mine had to (re)-learn SAS for a new job he started a month ago. He hasn't used SAS for years since university and wanted to get the basics done before he started the job. He primarily used An Introduction to SAS University Edition by Ron Cody as well as his very old The Little SAS Book: A Primer. He got the free version of SAS online of course. It sounds like that worked well for him so far. I think he said that SAS offers a basic online course too but I don't know what it covers. Work will pay for a few courses for him in any case.