BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is locked. We are no longer accepting replies to this topic. Need further help? Please sign in and ask a new question.
alex45
Calcite | Level 5

dataset for CASESTUDY path.png

Hi, I would like to try the case Study Scenario and University Student Data, but I could not find the dataset mentioned in the video (see the attached picture ).  It is at 0:36/8:55 timestamp of the path:

3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

It was my understanding that the CASESTUDY folder was added to the Virtual Lab image for the SAS Academy for Data Science image. If you have been working from a SAVED image, you may need to start again from a FRESH image for the case study work. The folder was missing from one of our Virtual Lab images, but the image was updated in April.

If you make a FRESH image reservation and do not find the CASESTUDY folder, then please send mail to elearn@sas.com and provide the email address that you've used to activate training. We have 2 versions of the SAS Academy that use a CASESTUDY folder and we'll need to check your email address to check the same image that you use.

Hope this helps explain that you might not see a CASESTUDY folder if you're using a SAVED image.

Cynthia

Rain
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi @Cynthia_sas
Is it possible to download datasets for practicing on my organisation environment? Or I have to use Virtual Lab?

Thank you
Rain
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
In order to run the Data Science classes locally, you would have to essentially duplicate our classroom image in your environment -- server names, user and group names, starter files, metadata definitions, data files and security model for the data. This is why we have loaded everything needed for the classes in the Virtual Lab. In the SAS Academy for Data Science, every level has a separate Virtual Lab image because of the mix of software used for that level. It's not practical for a student to duplicate our entire image on their machine. So, we have designed the Academy classes so that everything you need can be done in the Virtual Lab environment.
Cynthia

This is a knowledge-sharing community for learners in the Academy. Find answers to your questions or post here for a reply.
To ensure your success, use these getting-started resources:

Estimating Your Study Time
Reserving Software Lab Time
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Troubleshooting Your SAS-Hadoop Training Environment

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation