BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Dandan22
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am having issues when I login into Eric or Christine profiles in SAS VA not showing any roles.

Is this a current problem with the logins?.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I had another thought about this. Does your screen look like this:

broken_side_menu.png

One symptom of an issue we had back in May was that the side menu was unresponsive and there were NOT any icons showing on the VA screen, as shown above.

The problem we encountered back in May was that the setinit for SAS and VA needed to be updated.

If your screen does look like what I've posted, you might experience this issue if you've been continually working from a saved image that was saved before we made our update. Do you have the same issue if you work from a fresh image?

Thanks for the info,

Cynthia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AndrewHowell

Your question is quite vague - can you provide more specifics?

• Aren't Eric & Christine "training course" profiles? Are you attending a SAS VA training course?
  • Are other user profiles working?
  • Can you log in with a different client - Enterprise Guide, Management Console, etc?
  • Can you provide more detail about your environment - local/server, etc?
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Are you working in the SAS Academy for Data Science? If so, which Module are you working in? Module 1?

In the instructions for the VA course, you are usually asked to log in as Christine to start the servers and load the tables. You are asked to log in as Eric for some of the exercises. You might be asked to log in as a different user for other exercises.

It would help to know exactly which Module, which class in the module and which Lesson and exercise you're working on? Can you explain where in the course you are working?

Specifically, in regard to roles, there is a document in the Big Data Professional Module 1 in the "Exploring Data with SAS Visual Analytics" class that is titled "Roles in SAS Visual Analytics", as shown below and on page 4 of that document, there is a chart that outlines the roles:

about_roles.png

Does this document answer your question?

If you are encountering an error message while you do an exercise or demo in the Virtual Lab, we would need to know text of the error message. Can you post a screen shot of your error? When you say that VA is not "showing any roles" where are you looking in the VA Hub? Have you made sure that the servers are started and your tables are loaded? If you think there is something wrong with your Amazon Virtual Lab image, you can open a ticket with the Virtual Lab Tech Support, by clicking this link in your Virtual Learning Environment:

inside_vle.png

We need a bit more clarification in order to make constructive suggestions.

Cynthia

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I had another thought about this. Does your screen look like this:

broken_side_menu.png

One symptom of an issue we had back in May was that the side menu was unresponsive and there were NOT any icons showing on the VA screen, as shown above.

The problem we encountered back in May was that the setinit for SAS and VA needed to be updated.

If your screen does look like what I've posted, you might experience this issue if you've been continually working from a saved image that was saved before we made our update. Do you have the same issue if you work from a fresh image?

Thanks for the info,

Cynthia

Dandan22
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Cynthia 

Yes the last screen shot was what I was seeing and no roles where assigned to Christine/Eric. 

When I have logged on to the virtual environment again I have selected 'Fresh' instead of 'Saved' image and the roles now appear.

Regards

Danny