BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
WillZh
Calcite | Level 5

I just started my SAS Big Data Analytics Programming course. I am on exploring DATA with SAS visual Analytics exercise 1. I followed the demo and opened the Insight Toy Company Exploration . However, the system gave me a dialog window saying it cannot find the data source. I have two options on the window: 1. remove, 2, replace by select..I suppose it is replace by select a different source so I chose that option and saw a list of files. However, after selecting the one named Insight Toy Company Exploration , I still get the same message that it cannot find the data source..I am stuck here and wasted one hour my lab time and cannot solve it...Please help..

1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Please look at this previous posting:
https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Academy-for-Data-Science/SAS-Big-data-module-1-Virtual-lab-proble...

Every time you start the Virtual Lab, there are 2 things you have to do:
1) start the LASR servers
2) load the table(s) you are going to use.

If you don't do that, the data source cannot be found. Whether you start from a fresh image or a saved image, you ALWAYS need to perform those steps. The YouTube video link posted there shows the 2 most common error messages you can get and how to fix them.

Hope this helps,
Cynthia

This is a knowledge-sharing community for learners in the Academy. Find answers to your questions or post here for a reply.
To ensure your success, use these getting-started resources:

Estimating Your Study Time
Reserving Software Lab Time
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Troubleshooting Your SAS-Hadoop Training Environment

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation