BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Nicole_Fox
Obsidian | Level 7

@RobertBlanchard 

The data setup program DLUS01D01a.sas in the first virtual lab does not currently run. The error message appears similar to the one mentioned in this SAS Problem Note 64374.

SAS Deep Learning Error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nicole_Fox
Obsidian | Level 7
Here's the update from my track:

The Deep Learning course image is being updated and will be available on Monday, 22JUN2020. I have requested that we add one hour back to your lab time. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thanks, Cynthia!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Shmuel
Garnet | Level 18

According to message the libname statement miss some arguments,

maybe a username and a password  - as said "authentication failed".

The statement should probably be like:

libname mycas cas  USER="user_ID"  PASSWORD= "......."   ...;

There may be more available arguments. Look for CAS documentation.

Nicole_Fox
Obsidian | Level 7

Great call out, @Shmuel.  This program is, however, supposed to run according to the data setup in the Target Market demonstration in Section 1.2.

According to an update on my ticket, a SAS Technical Support team was able to replicate the issue and are looking into it.

sas deep learning error example.png

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I see where you have opened a track with the SAS support team for the Deep Learning class. The Curriculum Consultants and Virtual Lab team are working on investigating this issue and will get back to you under the track number that you opened.

Cynthia

Nicole_Fox
Obsidian | Level 7
Yes, Cynthia, thank you!

I like to try to share information about finding issues with learning materials on the off chance that anyone new to SAS is trying to figure out a problem on their own.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I understand. We're in the process of updating the master image for Deep Learning in the Virtual Lab, so students who start the Deep Learning class in a week (approximately) should not run into this issue.
Cynthia
Nicole_Fox
Obsidian | Level 7
Here's the update from my track:

The Deep Learning course image is being updated and will be available on Monday, 22JUN2020. I have requested that we add one hour back to your lab time. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thanks, Cynthia!