BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Luhan
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello everyone,

I found differences in the results between "Map" tab and "Report" tab after running a Data Exploration. I though they had to be the same and would appreciate an explanation. An attached pdf contains screenshots.

Using the Virtual Lab, I opened DataFlux Management Studio (2.6, QKB 2.6) and did the following:

* Created repository "Basics Demos"

* Created a new Data Exploration Ch3D2_dfConglomerate_DataExploration

- used dfConglomerate Gifts and dfConglomerate Grocery as source data (see page 1)

- checked "Field Name Matching"; Locale: "English (US)"; Match def.: "Field Name"; Sensitivity: 85 (see page 1)

* Run the DataExploration

* Received in the tab "Map" a map that, if I clicked the field "ID" (table Products; dfConglomerate Gifts), resulted in 9 highlighted green lines; meaning 9 similar fields were found (see page 2: Products/ID is selected by left click, Orders/Customer ID is selected by mouse over). These fields are:

- ID in Employees (dfConglomerate Gifts)

- ID in Customers (dfConglomerate Gifts)

- ID in MANUFACTURERS (dfConglomerate Grocery)

- MANUFACTURER_ID in BREAKFAST_ITEMS (dfConglomerate Grocery)

- ITEM_ID in BREAKFAST_ITEMS (dfConglomerate Grocery)

- ID in BREAKFAST_ITEMS (dfConglomerate Grocery)

- ID in Order Details (dfConglomerate Gifts)

- EMPLOYEE ID in Orders (dfConglomerate Gifts)

- CUSTOMER ID in Orders (dfConglomerate Gifts)

* Received in the tab "Report", "Field Match" riser bar a list that, if I clicked the field "ID" (table Products; dfConglomerate Gifts), resulted in only 6 similar fields (see page 3). These 6 fields are included in the list above. The 3 missing fields are:

- CUSTOMER ID in Orders (dfConglomerate Gifts) (the one selected on page 2 by mouse over)

- ITEM_ID in BREAKFAST_ITEMS (dfConglomerate Grocery)

- MANUFACTURER_ID in BREAKFAST_ITEMS (dfConglomerate Grocery)

If I'm not mistaken, it should be the same amount of similar fields in both cases, or?

Thanks and best regards,

Lu

2 REPLIES 2
TheresaStemler
SAS Moderator

Luhan,

This is very observant, and it is something we are going to need to look into.

-theresa

audrey
SAS Employee

Hi Luhan,

I was able to replicate this with the latest Data Management Studio and QKB versions. We will investigate.

Thanks for reporting.

Audrey

www.sas.comsupport.sas.com
SAS®... THE POWER TO KNOW®