BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Karo88
Calcite | Level 5

hello,

I have found the following, however when I am pasting it to SAS Studio, it considers it as comment. Pls advise.

*';*";*/;run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Panagiotis
SAS Employee

@PaigeMiller , by default SAS Studio already runs that code. All it's doing is ending anything you might miss in your code so SAS doesn't get stuck running. I call it "Saving you from yourself". Can I ask, why are you trying to use it?

To see that it's already running in the background you can do the following:

1. Go to More application options at the top of SAS Studio and select Preferences

studio.jpg

2. Select Code and Log in the options pane, then add a check to  Show generated code in the SAS log.

preferences.jpg

3. Then run any program and view the log. That'll show that it's already running at the end of your code by default. Again, saving you from yourself.

log.jpg

Honestly, don't worry about it when using SAS Studio. Also no need to type that string yourself.

After that go back to the options and uncheck that box. No need to see that code. All it does is add unnecessary text to your log. 

- Peter

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

What do you want to do with this?

Karo88
Calcite | Level 5

when I fogot to put semicolon at the end of procedure, SAS needs magic string to reset. Do you how to do it?

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

As I have used the "magic string", it looks like this:

%mend;
;*';*";*/;quit;run; 
--
Paige Miller
Panagiotis
SAS Employee

@PaigeMiller , by default SAS Studio already runs that code. All it's doing is ending anything you might miss in your code so SAS doesn't get stuck running. I call it "Saving you from yourself". Can I ask, why are you trying to use it?

To see that it's already running in the background you can do the following:

1. Go to More application options at the top of SAS Studio and select Preferences

studio.jpg

2. Select Code and Log in the options pane, then add a check to  Show generated code in the SAS log.

preferences.jpg

3. Then run any program and view the log. That'll show that it's already running at the end of your code by default. Again, saving you from yourself.

log.jpg

Honestly, don't worry about it when using SAS Studio. Also no need to type that string yourself.

After that go back to the options and uncheck that box. No need to see that code. All it does is add unnecessary text to your log. 

- Peter

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@Panagiotis wrote:

I am not using SAS Studio, I am using Base SAS.

--
Paige Miller
Panagiotis
SAS Employee

Hi @PaigeMiller ,

In your first post you mention SAS Studio

hello,

I have found the following, however when I am pasting it to SAS Studio, it considers it as comment. Pls advise.

Do you mind inserting a quick image of where you are using SAS for confirmation?

- Peter

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@Panagiotis wrote:

Hi @PaigeMiller ,

In your first post you mention SAS Studio

I did not. Someone else mentioned SAS Studio.

--
Paige Miller
Panagiotis
SAS Employee

Sorry about that @PaigeMiller . I meant to say @Karo88

- Peter

Karo88
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation