BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
belkisC
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I wonder which class order that I should follow to advance my SAS skills? I took the 

1. Extended Learning - SAS Programming 1: Essentials

Any suggestions about which course that I should take next?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Typically, after Programming 1, you have 2 or 3 basic choices -- if you are going to pursue more programming and reporting avenues for a job, then after Programming 1, take Programming 2. If you are going to perform statistical analysis, then after Programming 1, take Statistics 1. If you will be using SAS Enterprise Guide to do coding, then still taking Programming 2 is a good idea. If you will be using SAS Enterprise Guide to do querying and reporting or running existing EG projects, then you might consider the SAS Enterprise Guide 1 or Enterprise Guide 2 courses. Beyond that, it comes down to what software or solutions your company has and what you need to do. After Programming 2, there are many other courses you could take, such as Macro Language, Data Visualization with ODS Graphics or Report Writing. However, while those courses are all good for programmers, if you will be doing more in the statistical arena, then you might look at Statistics 2 or Survival Analysis or Mixed Model courses. After the basics, it comes down to more specifics about the skills you need for your job in your field.
Cynthia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

@belkisC 

Have a look at this link Find a Course: Learning Paths to find what fits your interests the most

Note: There are free courses scattered across the pages/paths that you may start with

Hope this helps

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Typically, after Programming 1, you have 2 or 3 basic choices -- if you are going to pursue more programming and reporting avenues for a job, then after Programming 1, take Programming 2. If you are going to perform statistical analysis, then after Programming 1, take Statistics 1. If you will be using SAS Enterprise Guide to do coding, then still taking Programming 2 is a good idea. If you will be using SAS Enterprise Guide to do querying and reporting or running existing EG projects, then you might consider the SAS Enterprise Guide 1 or Enterprise Guide 2 courses. Beyond that, it comes down to what software or solutions your company has and what you need to do. After Programming 2, there are many other courses you could take, such as Macro Language, Data Visualization with ODS Graphics or Report Writing. However, while those courses are all good for programmers, if you will be doing more in the statistical arena, then you might look at Statistics 2 or Survival Analysis or Mixed Model courses. After the basics, it comes down to more specifics about the skills you need for your job in your field.
Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation