BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PravjotKaur
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, I downloaded the SAS University Edition software for SAS Studio and am learning SAS Programming 1: Essentials. In lesson 1, there is an activity "Open p101a03.sas from the activities folder and perform the following tasks...". However, I am unable to open the file from the activities folder. I have attached how the files appear on the folder. Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Have you placed your downloaded data and programs in the correct folders under the shared folder? If yes, you can open the code from SAS Studio by selecting it in the left-hand navigation pane. Do not double-click the file(s) from outside University Edition, as your Windows desktop does not have any software to deal with them.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Have you placed your downloaded data and programs in the correct folders under the shared folder? If yes, you can open the code from SAS Studio by selecting it in the left-hand navigation pane. Do not double-click the file(s) from outside University Edition, as your Windows desktop does not have any software to deal with them.

Panagiotis
SAS Employee

Sounds like you do not have the data set up. Here are some videos on how to get the data ready for where you are using SAS. In your case, find the University Edition video: 

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/How-to-access-data-for-SAS-Programming-1-cour...

Keep us posted if this works.

- Peter

Kd272
Calcite | Level 5

Hi I am using the SAS virtual Lab that came with this course,what shared folder and how do i find it in my laptop,I dont' understand 

Al14
SAS Employee

Since you are using a virtual lab created by SAS Education (you logged into an account named Liveweb-XYZ using the link tech support sent you), your lab is structured differently from SAS University Edition.

In the virtual lab, files are preloaded in the s:\workshop folder, and the activity files are in s:\workshop\activities.  

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation