BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
eiraduku
Fluorite | Level 6

Good evening

I am stack in setting up SAS enterprise guide.

Any help? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

We can't help you with setting up Enterprise Guide unless you provide some details of what your problem is.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

We can't help you with setting up Enterprise Guide unless you provide some details of what your problem is.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
Since you posted this in the Programming 1 and Programming 2 forums, I wonder if you are taking our Programming 1 e-learning class, which has 2 demos that illustrate Enterprise Guide usage. I believe there's also 1 activity for Enterprise Guide students. However, student do NOT need Enterprise Guide to take Programming 1. If a student has access to Enterprise Guide through their work license, then the demos and activities can be performed on their own work copy of EG. However, the intent for users who do NOT have access to Enterprise Guide is for them to skip over those videos and activities. In fact, one of the activities explicitly tells students that they do NOT need to perform the Enterprise Guide activity. In the practice entitled "Practice Using SAS Software", there is a note that says: "The SAS Enterprise Guide option is for students who already have access to their own SAS Enterprise Guide software." as shown below:

Cynthia_sas_0-1670102886184.png

Do you have access to SAS Enterprise Guide through your work license? If you do and you need help installing SAS Enterprise Guide, then you should work with your system administrator and make sure that they configure your installation with a folder where you can read and write files. If you are using SAS Studio and practicing the Programming 1 or Programming 2 classes, you do NOT need Enterprise Guide to take the class. The majority of students will use the free SAS Studio interface provided with SAS OnDemand for Academics.
Cynthia

eiraduku
Fluorite | Level 6

I understand.

Actually, I was still on programming 1 and wanted to use SAS enterprise guide. 

I am going to keep using virtual lab until when they require me to use it to the next steps.

Thanks.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
The Virtual Lab provides you with SAS Studio. All of the demonstrations are performed with SAS Studio. There are a few Enterprise Guide demos and activities, but as I explained, you are supposed to skip them if you don't have access to Enterprise Guide. You can do ALL the work in class using SAS Studio.
Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation