BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
imlearningsas
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello, yesterday I started looking into course 2, When I moved to the next course without setting up env for practice I discovered that it impossible to go back to previous course. How can I reset prg 2 and restart to sat I can setup the course?

5 REPLIES 5
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

It is not possible to answer this question here. Someone on the e-learning team needs to see whether your class is still active or whether it has expired. E-learning classes are typically active for 6 months, unless they are part of a bundle. It's possible that your Programming 2 class expired. It's possible that you have several email addresses and several profiles. As an example...let's say you have 2 emails:

1) john.doe@gmail.com and a SAS profile and under THIS profile, you activated:

Programming 1

SAS Academy for Data Science free trial

AND you also have

2) doejohn@yahoo.com and a SAS profile and under THIS profile, you activated:

Programming 1

Programming 2

SQL 1

When you log on to the GMAIL profile, you'll only see the courses activated with the GMAIL account; when you log on with the YAHOO profile, you'll only see the courses activated with the YAHOO account. Since you have Programming 1 under both accounts, you'll see Programming 1 under both Profiles. But you'll only see Programming 2 under the YAHOO profile. So if you save your passwords in your browser, it's possible that your browser automatically logged you on to the wrong email address.

If you go to your My Training page and you do NOT see Programming 2 in the list, then you need to send mail to elearn@sas.com and make sure you tell them whether you have multiple emails and what class you're looking for and they can look up your e-learning records and tell you what's been activated and when the classes expire.

If you go to your My Training page and you DO see Programming 2, there's no need to "reset" -- all you have to do is click on the Course Overview and Data Setup section of the course to do the data setup again. Then after you do the data setup, start over in Lesson 1.

Cynthia

imlearningsas
Fluorite | Level 6
I'm joined SCYP since 6 months or more maybe it's that. But I can see courses, learn videos without practicing programming 2 which is not important. I've One account, the problem is in eCourse: Reading Raw Data with the DATA Step which show all videos courses but in setup it hide me all.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
If you are in the SCYP program they have a different way of delivering the e-learning classes. You need to work with your SCYP coordinator. Someone from the SCYP program should have sent you mails in the past. I believe that every country which participates in the SCYP program has an email address that they use for questions. You might want to reach out to them for directed help.
Cynthia
RioNAz
Calcite | Level 5

i had a problem with the audio on my work computer we couldn't get the audio working for the tutorial brightcove i think so i switched to my home computer, now the version has change to 1v2 and Ive loaded the newest version but when i run the program in SAS studio the program can find the  data.  

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
If you have the new EPG1V2 version of the course, you have to re-download the zip file. This new course has slightly different data (we made the data smaller) and a different top level folder name. So you can't use the old folder that you might have created. You need to do the setup for the class over again, including downloading the zip file.
Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation