BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
One way to see the names of the sheets in the XLSX file is to use the XLSX LIBNAME engine. For example, we have a multi-sheet workbook called STORM.XLSX in the EPG1V2 data folder. So with this LIBNAME XLSX (below) statement, you could run the PROC CONTENTS to see the names of all the SHEETS. And one of the sheets is named storm_2017, so this code would work to do the PROC CONTENTS and then print some rows from the storm_2017 sheet:
libname xl_storm xlsx 's:\workshop\EPG1V2\data\storm.xlsx';  /* windows */

**OR;

libname xl_storm xlsx '/home/<userID>/EPG1V2/data/storm.xlsx'; /* SAS OnDemand */

proc contents data=xl_storm._all_;
run;

proc print data=xl_storm.storm_2017 (obs=20);
run;
libname xl_storm clear;

The other way to see the names is to open the file with Excel. However, the XLSX file won't be opened on the SAS OnDemand server because it is a Linux server and it doesn't have Excel. so the PROC CONTENTS method is the programmatic way to see the sheets in the workbook.
Cynthia

Sassy_lady
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes, thank you again. I changed the libname filepath to "~/EPG1V2/data/" instead of the "s:workshop/EPG1V2/data" since I am using SAS studio. 

tom_grant
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

You need to replace 

s:/workshop/data/storm.xlsx 

in the libname statement with the path to the storm.xlsx file in your environment, which I suspect (form previous screenshot) would be /home/u60771588/EPG1V2/data/storm.xlsx or ~//EPG1V2/data/storm.xlsx ( the ~ symbol will automatically point to YOUR home directory, /home/u60771588).

Anytime you need to find the exact path to a folder or data table, you can right-click on the folder or table from Server Files & Folders tab & then select "Properties" - this will show you the path & you can copy & paste that into your code.

Sassy_lady
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes, thank you. I changed the libname filepath to "~/EPG1V2/data/" and it worked.

Alexo2025
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes, it is my question also!

Thank you!

Jay_Cao
Calcite | Level 5

there is a typo in your "proc content" statement, "class_birthdat" is the wrong spelling, it is missing "e".

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 10 in conversation