BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Meganle
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all!

I'm doing the Essential Programming 1 course and am having trouble finding out how to open SAS Enterprise Guide. There were detailed instructions on how to open SAS Studio, but then I feel like it jumps to the next video without showing how to open this window or download it. Please help, as I'm super confused and have looked up everywhere how to open it. I think this is such a simple issue, so all the information online is more complex problems. 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi: We tell you in the course that you do NOT need SAS Enterprise Guide. In the first practice that mentions Enterprise Guide, we explain that you only do one of the practices -- either SAS Studio OR Enterprise Guide, as shown below:

Cynthia_sas_0-1679755063590.png

The note says: "Note: SAS provides access to SAS Studio only. The SAS Enterprise Guide option is for students who already have access to their own SAS Enterprise Guide software."

As you have been advised, you should use SAS Studio and NOT attempt to do the SAS Enterprise Guide demos or practices. There are only 2 demos that feature SAS Enterprise Guide in the entire course. All the rest of the demos are performed using SAS Studio.

Cynthia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

SAS EG needs to be installed on your computer, so would need to download it first. It installs like any other Windows app.

Meganle
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you!

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If you are doing this on SAS On Demand for Academics, you will only use SAS Studio.

If you work through the course using SAS in a company/institution which has a BI server license, the local SAS admins will install EG for you.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi: We tell you in the course that you do NOT need SAS Enterprise Guide. In the first practice that mentions Enterprise Guide, we explain that you only do one of the practices -- either SAS Studio OR Enterprise Guide, as shown below:

Cynthia_sas_0-1679755063590.png

The note says: "Note: SAS provides access to SAS Studio only. The SAS Enterprise Guide option is for students who already have access to their own SAS Enterprise Guide software."

As you have been advised, you should use SAS Studio and NOT attempt to do the SAS Enterprise Guide demos or practices. There are only 2 demos that feature SAS Enterprise Guide in the entire course. All the rest of the demos are performed using SAS Studio.

Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation