BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

I'm excited to see this community kicking off! I love programming in SAS and teaching others about it. Let me introduce myself a bit. At SAS, my main job is writing Foundation SAS Programming curriculum classes for the Education department - with a heavy dose of teaching those classes on the side. I teach Programming 1 and 2, Macro 1 and 2, SQL, DS2, Intro to SAS and Hadoop, SAS/Access classes, Data Cleaning Techniques, SAS Functions by Example, Take Your SAS Programming Skills to the Next Level and the SQL Methods and More classes. I'm gearing up to pick up the Programming for SAS Viya class next 🙂 It's an exciting time to be a SAS programmer!

Areas where I have SAS experience include data acquisition (like grabbing data straight from the internet in SAS), big data preparation for analysis, programming efficiencies, data access and management (including DS2 programming, mainframe VSAM files, Oracle, PC File Formats and Teradata), and data transformation, manipulation, cleansing and standardization. 

OK - if that's not enough, you can read my official SAS Instructor bio (including my official, stuffy "suit man" picture) here - and learn some little known facts about me, check out my author page (shorter bio, but much cooler "man in the hat" picture) here, check out my blog or Google me.

As you can see, I'm a pretty SASy guy - I could talk SAS all day! So, if you have questions, I'd love to hear them.

See you around the communities,

Mark 

Check out my Jedi SAS Tricks for SAS Users
3 REPLIES 3
jmoore168
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Mark,

I would like to connect with you on some entry level SAS programming.  Currently I use EG but now I'm being forced to use base sas. I need helllp!

Panagiotis
SAS Employee

@jmoore168,

What are you specifically looking for? Are you currently using Enterprise Guide in a more of a point and click capacity? If you want to start off learning SAS Programming, you check out the free programming 1 self paced e-learning course.

On the same page you will also see instructor live web and in person training as well.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

- Peter

SASJedi
SAS Super FREQ

Peter made an excellent suggestion about taking the free Programing 1 course. I'd also like to know a little more detail about what's causing your concern. Are you already used to programming in SAS, and it's just the difference in the programming interface? and by "base SAS" do you mean you are now using PC SAS? Or perhaps you now edit your SAS code in a text editor and submit from the command line? If you could pinpoint the issues a bit. I'll try to provide additional resources.

Check out my Jedi SAS Tricks for SAS Users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 3 in conversation