BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Kboukaabar
Obsidian | Level 7

I am using the SAS elarning courses in my institution course, and assigning as homework the Virtual lab-based demos and/or activities.  I want the students to be able to save their final product work of an activity/demo and upload it in the dropbox of the brightspace D2L LMS.

Are there options that enable the user to do so?  if so, what is the best/easiest option?  Thanks.

Kaddour

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Oh, I'm sorry, when I answered it was from the standpoint of the students using a SAS OnDemand for Academics account with SAS Studio. Some of our Virtual Labs are more locked down than the SAS OnDemand for Academics server. If you are using SAS Viya for Learners, then I believe the students can print their reports and create a PDF and then download the report to their local machines and proceed from there. Depending on the lab the students are using, I do not think that the Hadoop, HDFS, Hue or other files are downloadable. It really depends on the class and the lab they're working in. I would recommend that you send mail to academic@sas.com with the specifics of the class title and what type of file/output/results/data you envision that the students would download.

If you are using one of our classes for your students, it would help to know the Lesson and demo or practice you're expecting them to do.

Cynthia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi: Students should be able to download their results and files from SAS Studio to their local computers. Once on their local computers, you would need to provide them with information about how to upload from their local machines to your LMS.
Cynthia
Kboukaabar
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Cynthia.  How about the Virtual Lab activity is about Hadoop, HDFS, Hue, and others.  Will they still be able to save the activity as a file in their local computers?  Thanks.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Oh, I'm sorry, when I answered it was from the standpoint of the students using a SAS OnDemand for Academics account with SAS Studio. Some of our Virtual Labs are more locked down than the SAS OnDemand for Academics server. If you are using SAS Viya for Learners, then I believe the students can print their reports and create a PDF and then download the report to their local machines and proceed from there. Depending on the lab the students are using, I do not think that the Hadoop, HDFS, Hue or other files are downloadable. It really depends on the class and the lab they're working in. I would recommend that you send mail to academic@sas.com with the specifics of the class title and what type of file/output/results/data you envision that the students would download.

If you are using one of our classes for your students, it would help to know the Lesson and demo or practice you're expecting them to do.

Cynthia

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation