BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
amedalal
Calcite | Level 5

Hi I came across the issue " ERROR: File PG2.STORM_SUMMARY_SMALL.DATA does not exist ". I am using SAS University Edition for Academics. I am pretty sure I downloaded the file and extracted the data correctly because I am able to find PG2 library and but there is nothing inside it. I am able to perform other tasks. To double check, I went through the video, and I did exact the same thing as shown in the video. However, when I ran the code, it still says "file does not exist". I got some confused. Could you please help me?

5 REPLIES 5
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

There are different setup procedures for the different possible SAS platforms (University Edition in a VM, On Demand for Academics, licensed SAS local with Display Manager or Enterprise Guide, licensed SAS client/server with Enterprise Guide or SAS Studio). The relevant procedure must be done BY THE LETTER.

For ODA, you have to download the package, extract it, and upload it to the cloud server via SAS Studio. Or upload first and extract on the ODA server.

How do you set the libname PG2?

amedalal
Calcite | Level 5

I didn't set the name PG2 it was already there (I am going through SAS Programming 2: Data Manipulation Techniques), I just changed the path and copied the path of the data folder and still I got the same error. When you download the file from the link they have specifically mentioned that just change the path and do not edit any other thing. While completing SAS Programming 1: Essentials, there were datasets already present in the data file but if we extract the file for SAS Programming 2: Data Manipulation there are no datasets inside the data folder (only 2 files are present pg2 and readme). 

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

In SAS Studio on ODA, look into your Folders to the left and find the directory where storm_summary_small.sas7bdat resides. Right-click on the directory where the file is and use that in the LIBNAME statement for PG2.

Also make sure that the whole filename is in lowercase.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Even in the Programming 2 class, you MUST run a program to make the data. The Programming 1 class did have some Excel and CSV files that were in the zip archive before you ran the setup program. However, Programming 2 works with SAS data sets, so you MUST run the setup program to create the data sets. There are explicit instructions for how to make the data for University Edition versus SAS OnDemand for Academics. Please be sure to check the Server Files and Folders pane to see whether you are using University Edition (you will see a top node of My Folders) or SAS OnDemand for Academics (you will see a top folder of Files (Home).
Cynthia
amedalal
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the solution. I got my files running. 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation