BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DUBS
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello! - I have two questions.

1) My lab access expired and I downloaded the course data. However, it appears that all of the solution files were downloaded correctly but not all of the practice files without the solutions.
2)  On my PC, the links for the training are below the screen that shows the videos. How do I change the view so they are to the left of the screen that shows the videos?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Oh, understand now. That is as intended. In class, we only provide starter code for SOME (not all) of the practices. For some of the practices, we expect the students to have to write more code. We provided solution files for everything. The way I approach it in the classroom is to tell students that we don't expect them to do the challenge practices or even the Level 2 practices during class. We want them to go back and use the additional practices as a way to write their own code from scratch. We may provide some shell code in the class for the level 2 and challenges, maybe a PROC SORT and then some instructions for what the rest of the program should do, but the plan is for you to try to do the additional practices without starter code. However, we do want you to have the solution code, so that if you are completely stumped or you get 80% of the way to a solution, then you can compare your code to the solution.

You won't find a one-one match between the practices and the solution files.

Cynthia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I typically do not open Microsoft documents. However, although I'm not sure I understand your first question, the second question about changing the view is something that typically happens when the zoom level on your browser is set to something too high, so that the list of videos and the display screen no longer fit side by side. Usually, this happens to me when I switch from my desktop (with a large monitor) to my laptop, with a smaller screen. I notice that when I change the browser zoom level on my laptop, the e-learning courses don't display the same side-by-side way that they do on the desktop. I have to return the zoom level to somewhere between 90-100% in order to have everything "fit".
Hope this helps.
Cynthia
DUBS
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you for your reply! Fixing the zoom resolved issue #2.   

Since you don't typically open Microsoft documents, I pasted a screenshot that shows issue #1 directly into this message. 
This screenshots show they data I downloaded after clicking the "Download Course Data" link in SAS programming 1 Essentials.  The only file in the practices folder related to Lesson 2 is 'p102p01.sas'.  However, the solutions folder contains 'p102p01_s.sas', 'p102p02_s.sas', 'p102p03_s.sas'.  Should I have done something differently to also download 'p102p02.sas' and 'p102p03.sas'?  Thanks again!!

DUBS_0-1688932110489.png

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Oh, understand now. That is as intended. In class, we only provide starter code for SOME (not all) of the practices. For some of the practices, we expect the students to have to write more code. We provided solution files for everything. The way I approach it in the classroom is to tell students that we don't expect them to do the challenge practices or even the Level 2 practices during class. We want them to go back and use the additional practices as a way to write their own code from scratch. We may provide some shell code in the class for the level 2 and challenges, maybe a PROC SORT and then some instructions for what the rest of the program should do, but the plan is for you to try to do the additional practices without starter code. However, we do want you to have the solution code, so that if you are completely stumped or you get 80% of the way to a solution, then you can compare your code to the solution.

You won't find a one-one match between the practices and the solution files.

Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation