BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sangqi
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello all, I run a problem when doing the practice session in programming 1. I do not know which values are invalid by looking through the frequency tables. 

The following tables are "my output of two frequency tables", "the question and the answer in a practice session of programming 1". Hope someone can help me, thanks in advance! 🙂

Screenshot 2020-11-09 at 16.07.07.pngScreenshot 2020-11-09 at 16.06.51.png

7 REPLIES 7
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I do not know which values are invalid by looking through the frequency tables. 

You have to look at the frequency tables AND the list of valid values.

--
Paige Miller
Sangqi
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you Paige! I got it. Since NPRE, PRESERVE and RIVERWAYS are not in the valid list of table, they are invalid value. Out of curiosity, why in Reg value list, there is one value named "I KNOW". Aren't it suppose to be "SE"? Also for the "For example" value under Type, aren't it suppose to be "NP"?
Sangqi
Fluorite | Level 6
I saw the pic posted by SusanFarmer, that table makes more sense. Maybe it just some problem with my Chrome or my Mac.
SusanFarmer
SAS Employee
I agree. See my response above.
SusanFarmer
SAS Employee

This is what I got when I ran this program.  It looks just like your results.  

SusanFarmer_1-1605035324058.png

SusanFarmer_0-1605035279954.png

This is what I see in the instructions and solution:

SusanFarmer_0-1605035739679.png

I don't see the extra Reg values like you do.

SusanFarmer
SAS Employee

SusanFarmer_0-1604952761333.png

Use the tables above as the list of valid values.  Your PROC FREQ results will show valid values and invalid values.  The invalid values will not be explicitly flagged in your output.  You need to manually compare your results to the table of valid values.

Sangqi
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you Susan for your clear table and answer! I get it 🙂

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 in conversation