BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rkumar23
Calcite | Level 5

I may have lost my mind at the moment so any quick idea would help certainly....

So I have variable which is in the TIME13.3 format whereas  I have another variable which is in numeric format ....Now I need to put a WHERE clause however before that need to convert TIME13.3 format variable to the numeric format I tried PUT function however that doesn't seems to work...quick thought please?

3 REPLIES 3
RaviKommuri
Fluorite | Level 6

May be you can use a similar code like the code I have given below.

MYTIME = INPUT(PUT(TIME1,BEST12.),$40.);

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

TIME13.3 is a numeric format, so your variable is already numeric (seconds of the day) and can be "converted" by simply changing its format.

I suspect that yoout other variable has a specific sequence of digits; could you give an example?

rkumar23
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Kurt you was correct i put the TIMEPART(VAR2) and it resolved the problem...thanks for pointing in right direction..

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation