BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi all,

I want to turn the label at vertical axis on a boxplot about 90°. I use the statements axis1 label=(a=90 r=0); vaxis=axis1
But it doesn't work.
My label looks always like this
L
A
B
E
L
N
A
M
E

I dont know what I made wrong. It should look like this: http://www.sfu.ca/sasdoc/sashtml/stat/chap18/images/boxex2d.gif

Has anybody an idea?

Thanks
Lex
4 REPLIES 4
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Yes, I agree - your specified AXIS1 statement as shown should generate the desired label text format. Suggest you share your code (from the SAS log generated output) for forum subscriber feedback. Also, try making changes to your AXIS1 statement to ensure it is being referenced.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.
deleted_user
Not applicable
I have put my log-file. I have somewhere read that SAS have a problem with fonts and so it can not rotate the char from the label. But I dont know where I must change it in my code.

667 proc boxplot data=C_Gtyp_A_h_Free_KW_48h;
668 title 'nur noch 48 Stunden2a';
669 plot (n_vn sum_vd sum_lct sum_ld sum_ln)*gtyp=Cage /
670 cboxes = dagr
671 cboxfill = ywh
672 cframe = vligb
673 boxstyle = schematicidfar
674 BOXWIDTHSCALE = 1
675 NLEGEND
676 notches
677 vaxis = axis1;
678 id animal;
679 run;

HINWEIS: Processing beginning for PLOT statement number 1.
HINWEIS: Es wurden 994 Beobachtungen aus der Datei WORK.C_GTYP_A_H_FREE_KW_48H. ausgelesen
HINWEIS: PROZEDUR BOXPLOT benötigt. (Gesamtverarbeitungszeit):
Echtzeit 0.09 Sekunden
CPU-Zeit

Lex
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
When I run the BOXPLOT example in Chapter 18 in SAS 9.2, using the AXIS statement and the code in the documentation, I get the same results as the picture in the documentation.

However, when I run the same example in SAS 9.1.3, I get the label as you describe. Perhaps this is one of the font improvements in SAS/Graph that is different between 9.1.3 and 9.2 -- you might wish to check with Tech Support to determine whether there is a way, in SAS 9.1.3 to get the results to look as they do in 9.2 and in the doc.

cynthia
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Sounds more like this is one of those frustrating situations where SAS R&D decides to change behavior / output from one version to the next -- something, frankly, that I do not consider to be improvement but in my opinion more like inconsistency.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation