BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Can any one please let me know how to show gridlines in excel output from ODS. I am using EXCEL2000.

thx
6 REPLIES 6
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
The missing pieces of information are
1) HOW are you creating your file for Excel to open:
ODS CSV
ODS HTML3
ODS HTML
ODS MSOFFICE2K
ODS TAGSETS.EXCELXP
And
2) WHAT style template are you currently using? (Do you have STYLE= in your ODS invocation or not? If yes, what is the STYLE= template that you are using?)
cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am using ODS HTML and the style=minimal.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
I am stumped. I tested ODS HTML with the minimal style in both 8.2 and 9.1.3 and I -do- get gridlines when I open the HTML file with Excel 2002. I do NOT have Excel 2000 to test with.

This seems like a problem that can be best solved by Tech Support. The only other thing I might suggest is to issue this statement:

ods path sashelp.tmplmst(read);

before your ODS HTML step and see if somehow a changed version of styles.minimal has gotten into your ODS PATH.

Other than that, you can find out how to contact Tech Support at the following link:
http://support.sas.com/techsup/contact/index.html
cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
sorry..not sure I was clear.The report table itself had grid lines. But what I would like to have is to show all the grid lines in the excel sheet. When I open an excel file which is created with the ODS, the sheet's option of gridline is not checked. Is there way I can make it to show gridlines when the excel report get created by ODS.
suren
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Ah, got it. What you want to do is some piece of Page Setup that is available from an Excel pulldown menu. Remember that you are creating an HTML file and Excel just knows how to open that HTML file. There's no way in HTML tags to touch the internal Excel Page Setup option.

However, it is possible using either the MSOFFICE2K tagset or the ExcelXP tagset to gain better control over options and settings inside Excel. MSOFFICE2K generates Microsoft specific HTML and ExcelXP creates Spreadsheet Markup Language XML. Since you only have Excel 2000, you would have to use the MSOFFICE2K tagset to create your file.

Again, you probably should talk to Tech Support, because I believe you would need to insert the appropriate XML for gridlines into a custom MSOFFICE2K tagset.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation