BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
srinivas6640
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi all, please help me in this. while i am creating xls file it is 120 MB it is taking time to get output. how can i decere excel file size it is urgent for me. is there any macro for this. regards. Srini
1 REPLY 1
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

You havent told us anything about the dataset you are exporting, how your exporting etc.  The size of the Excel file is controlled by the Excel file format, and the size of data your exporting.  Not much you can do about that.  Have you tried exporting to Comma Seperated Variable file?  That can be opened in Excel, but is smaller file size (for bigger files).  However again, it depends on the data your exporting, Excel is not a data transfer/database or a tool for most jobs and it has limitations on the size of data it can handle.  120mb is large for an Excel file, what are you going to do with it, nobody is ever going to look at a file that big.  If its to transfer data then use a data transfer format (CSV, XML, dataset), if its for review then summarise the data.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation