BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
twildone
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi.....I am using ods pdf to create a report and trying to insert a Page X of Y in the footnote. The output isn't correct. Any suggestions to correct this? Thanks.

Code:

ods pdf file="%sysfunc(pathname(project))\&filename Report (&rundate).pdf" style=journal notoc bookmarkgen=no bookmarklist=none;

footnote height=7pt font="Arial" justify=center "Report Generated On: &rundate" justify=right 'Page ^{thispage} of ^{lastpage}';

Output:

<R Page 1 of 􀀀@ 􀀀>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
If this is something you can reliably duplicate using EG, then you should open a track with Tech Support. If there's an existing defect, they will let you know and if there is a defect, there might be workaround. Sending them a sample program will help. So you can point them to this track for an example of code that works in SAS 9.4 and then send them an example of the same code that does not work in EG.

cynthia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I do not observe that behavior. I am running SAS 9.4 M3. When I use a slightly modified version of your code, I get the expected results. BTW, I never just use the font Arial with ODS PDF -- one of the developers explained that the only "Arial" font that Adobe "likes" is Arial Unicode MS and so, that is the one I always use.

cynthia

x_of_y_test.png

twildone
Pyrite | Level 9
Hi Cynthia....I have been working on this to try an narrow down or identify why this is occurring. I was able to determine that it has to do with when the code is run using Enterprise Guide. It works when I use SAS 9.4 BUT doesn't work when the code is run using SAS Enterprise Guide 7.1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
If this is something you can reliably duplicate using EG, then you should open a track with Tech Support. If there's an existing defect, they will let you know and if there is a defect, there might be workaround. Sending them a sample program will help. So you can point them to this track for an example of code that works in SAS 9.4 and then send them an example of the same code that does not work in EG.

cynthia
twildone
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Cynthia....I did contact Tech Support and the work around is to include the following statement:

options printerpath=pdf;

before the ODS pdf file=

TYhanks for your help.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation