BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
null
Fluorite | Level 6

We are asked to produce a report in .out (extension name) file, rather than .rtf or .pdf.

Does anybody have any experience on this? Thanks for your inputs in adavance!!!

How to set the page margins, font, font size for .out file within sas?

How to generate a solid line for .out file in sas?

3 REPLIES 3
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

The file extension is just part of the filename. You could create an rtf-file and just name it "bogus.out" - but this is most likely not what you are expected to do. In the past files with listing output had LST as suffix. So you should ask what is expected to inside the file.

ballardw
Super User

@andreas_lds wrote:

The file extension is just part of the filename. You could create an rtf-file and just name it "bogus.out" - but this is most likely not what you are expected to do. In the past files with listing output had LST as suffix. So you should ask what is expected to inside the file.

Too true.

I worked in an office where we had a documented process that had a generic: create a TXT document from a Word Doc file. I found a bunch of these that someone had just changed the file extension. There were sill DOC format. So I had the joy of opening the documents in Word and do the proper File-Save As to create the text versions. Then explain to the client why we had to replace files (which the client apparently hadn't read yet ?!)

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation