BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Inp
Obsidian | Level 7 Inp
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi I created a simple xls sheet using Excelxp tagsets. When I open the file , I got the following message. In the pop up screen.

"Problems Came up in the following areas during load."

inside the window, I see

"workbook Setting"
"Table."

at the bottom I see

"This file cannot be opened because of erros. Error are listed in C:\docoments and settings \userid\Local Setting \ Temporary Internet Files \Content.MSO\4A80BD4.log."

I don't see any folder like Local Setting in my computer.

can any one help out to solve this problem.

Thanks

Inp
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
When you use the ExcelXP tagset, you are creating Spreadsheet Markup Language XML -- which is the Microsoft definition (in XML format) for a workbook/worksheet. Generally, this error means that the XML that you are generating is not recognized by Excel as being valid. This kind of error is generally a signal that you need to download the newest (updated) version of the ExcelXP tagset. Tech Support can help you figure out how to do this. Or, you can read about the various versions of the tagset at this site:
http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/odsmarkup/excelxp_help.html
and then decide which one you want to download from here:
http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/odsmarkup/ (scroll down to the middle of the page and look for ExcelXP)

If you are using the most updated version of the tagset and you are still getting this message, then you should contact Tech Support for help in figuring out how to generate valid XML for Excel.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
just paste the path into a windows explorer address bar, and the files in that folder will appear, including the one referred. Open the 4A80BD4.log file in notepad to see invalid tags and other things broken in your ods style. Each time excel fails to open an xml file, it writes a new .log file with its interpretation of the problem into that hidden folder

PeterC
OS2Rules
Obsidian | Level 7
I get this error all the time and it is a pain in the a$$. The file that is named is a hidden file so you don't see it when you look for it. You need to enter the entire name (which is ridiculously long) before the system will show you the contents of the file.

Once you open the file it is still difficult to identify the error because the messages are cryptic and hard to relate back to the data that you are using.

I find that usually there is an error in the SAS log that relates to the problem preventing the XML from opening. There is usually a format that you tried to use that is missing, or you have macro variables that failed to resolve.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation