BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Rose_G
Calcite | Level 5
Is the {pageof} function case sensitive? I tried ^{PAGEOF} and it did not resolve but ^{pageof} did (so I am assuming it is case sensitive but I've found nothing that says it should be).
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi, Rose:
You are correct -- it appears that if ods escapechar='^';
then
[pre]
^{pageof}
^{thispage}
^{lastpage}
[/pre]

only work when specified in lowercase. Some pieces of ODS ESCAPECHAR are case sensitive...for example ^S= will work, but ^s= will NOT work. However, the documenatation for ODS ESCAPECHAR hasn't hit production yet -- how ESCAPECHAR works is going to change a bit in SAS 9.2 (see this paper):
http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi31/227-31.pdf

cynthia
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Here's an update. I heard from one of the ODS developers and along with the new 9.2 syntax for using ODS ESCAPECHAR, the syntax will accept any case... so
[pre]
^{STYLE .... }
^{style .... }
[/pre]
will both be acceptable. You should expect that the page-numbering ESCAPECHAR strings will follow that same design and be case insensitive....in 9.2 ... until then, if you are using the current syntax, you will have to stick with the current limitation.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation