BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mvsas
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, I am trying to include only the distribution graph, normality information/curve, and quantiles output in my results. However when I use ods select, it is giving me the quantiles for every variable in my data set. Is there a way to only show the quantiles for the variable in question (here called variable name)?

ods listing close;

ods select Quantiles;

proc univariate data=DataSet1;

by Group1 Group2;

histogram VariableName / normal;

inset n="N" / pos = nw;

run;

ods listing;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Have you tried restricting the variables to Univariate using the VAR statement? Just because you have a HISTOGRAM statement does not limit the variables used for analysis. Usually the VAR statement restricts the variables used for analysis. This is what it says in the documentation for Univariate:

"The VAR statement specifies the analysis variables and their order in the results. By default, if you omit the VAR statement, PROC UNIVARIATE analyzes all numeric variables that are not listed in the other statements."

cynthia

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Have you tried restricting the variables to Univariate using the VAR statement? Just because you have a HISTOGRAM statement does not limit the variables used for analysis. Usually the VAR statement restricts the variables used for analysis. This is what it says in the documentation for Univariate:

"The VAR statement specifies the analysis variables and their order in the results. By default, if you omit the VAR statement, PROC UNIVARIATE analyzes all numeric variables that are not listed in the other statements."

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation