BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
whrpun
Calcite | Level 5

I have more than 20 lines to put in the footnote.  I use COMPUTE AFTER _PAGE_ and LINE in PROC REPORT.  There are more than 2000 characters, but last portion was not shown on the report when I open in Excel.

Is there a limit on footnote?  If yes, is there a way to resolve it?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

It may be helpful to let us know how you are sending the data to Excel and whether the output works as intended when sent to the SAS results window.

Ar you implying you had footnote statements greater than 10 such as:

FOOTNOTE11 "more of my footnot text appears here";

There is a limit of 10 FOOTNOTE statements last time I checked.

whrpun
Calcite | Level 5

I used ODS HTML to send out the data to an Excel file.  It was fine in the output, but the footnote section was truncated in the Excel file.

I did not use FOOTNOTE statements.  I used LINE statements.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi: if you see the LINE statement output (which is NOT a footnote) in the HTML file, when viewed in the browser, but you do NOT see the LINE statement output in Excel when the HTML file is opened, then that suggests to me that the issue is with Excel's rendering of the HTML that somehow differs from the browser's rendering of the HTML.

I think your best bet for help is to work with Tech Support on this question.

cynthia

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi,

I am also confused. What is written with a FOOTNOTE statement is different than what is written with a LINE statement. LINE statement, especially in a COMPUTE AFTER situation should always be part of the table, that is, inside the boundary of the table. What you write with a FOOTNOTE sits outside the boundary of the table ... for paged destinations, that would be at the bottom of the page. If you are using TAGSETS.EXCELXP, for example, there is an additional way to specify a PRINT-HEADER and/or PRINT-FOOTER, which are concepts unique to Excel.

So without seeing your code or your data, it is hard to determine what you are encountering. What you write with a FOOTNOTE statement is also impacted by the EMBEDDED_FOOTNOTES sub-option for the TAGSETS.EXCELXP destination.

I think that working with Tech Support is your best bet for help with this issue.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation