BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
hello everyone
i try to prepare a report which includes tables and graphs by using proc report and proc gplot..but i have pb about the output format.. It is not as i see when i am working on SAS. I prefer the format of Sasreport but i have to send this report to the collegues who don t have SAS on their computer so they can not open it.
So it should be on pdf or html.
How can I keep the same format of SASREPORT when I use ods pdf or html or rtf? for ods pdf, whatever i do, i can't have one table and one graph at the same page (although i used startpage=never) and the national characters are not appearing correctly.
Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Are you using SAS Enterprise Guide or SAS Web Report Studio??? What product are you currently using that creates output in SASREPORT format? If you are working with the SAS Enterprise Intelligence Platform (sometimes called the Business Intelligence Platform or the Platform for Business Analytics), the default result type for stored processes is SASREPORT -- which is an XML report format.

ODS HTML would be the closest report type to SASREPORT XML report results.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Cynthia,

I am using EG; I can select the result format from menu (pdf, html, sas report, text output or rtf)..my pb is that i would like to have the format of sasreport on pdf or html..
When i export the sasreport result on disk and i reopen it, it is not same as well.
Even if i select the html format, when I save this output on disk; it is not the same format that i see on SAS; it is gray and so simple.

For now, i can just copy the result of sasreport on word but this is not what i prefer.
Why can't I get the same format when i export the result on desktop?
Tim_SAS
Barite | Level 11
This sounds like an EG question instead of a PROC REPORT question. It may be that you'll get more help in the Enterprise Guide forum.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
When you run tasks in EG, the default STYLE=EGDEFAULT is used to set the colors and fonts. When you run a job outside of the EG environment, ODS uses a different STYLE=DEFAULT for ODS HTML and STYLE=PRINTER for ODS PDF.

If you want the EG "look and feel" to colors and fonts, then you must modify your code to use STYLE=EGDEFAULT. For example:
[pre]
ODS HTML file='c:\temp\myreport.html' STYLE=EGDEFAULT;
....more code;
ODS HTML CLOSE;
[/pre]

SASREPORT output is a special XML type of report that is meant to be rendered by a client application (such as EG or Web Report Studio) under specific, controlled environments. For example, in Web Report Studio, if you open SASREPORT XML output, you get the specific style of colors and fonts that are recommended for Web Report Studio and if you open SASREPORT XML output in EG, you might get different colors and fonts, depending on the style you have set in your EG session. SASREPORT XML is a very specialized type of report format and, generally, is not meant to be sent or "exported" outside the client applications that know how to render the XML.

When you say you want the "format" of sasreport in ODS PDF or ODS HTML, it sounds to me like you want the STYLE -- the colors and fonts. As Tim suggested, it is possible that folks in the EG forum have more experience coding and using other styles with ODS HTML or ODS PDF.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation