BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tom12122
Obsidian | Level 7

I need to export dataset to already defined Excel template. Template will contain only one sheet but with objects like graphs referring to fixed range (refreshing obcjets is not needed - I can do that in Excel later).

Target Excel file should contain many copies of this sheet (with different data depending on data I will be exporting - eg. one sheet per client type).

Is there a simple way to do that?

2 REPLIES 2
Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

You have posted a rather complicated scenario.  If you already have pre-formated excel files as a template, the usual approach would be using DDE. However, DDE does not duplicate 'sheet', rather , DDE just transfers data to your formated spread sheet.

That may leave 'ODS excelxp tagset' as the only viable option for your need of multi-sheets. However, this tagset has to define your format every time you run it and does not use pre-formated excel spread sheet, though it may mimic the format that you want.

Regards,

Haikuo

tom12122
Obsidian | Level 7

Correct me if I'm wrong but through DDE you can run any Excel macro which means you CAN copy worksheets. The problem is that when I try to run DDE I get error: ERROR: Physical file does not exist, excel|system.

So I'm looking for some other solution.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation