BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
wkossack_nspirehealth_com
Calcite | Level 5

I have a report that generates a spreadsheet with multiple tabs.  The code works on 9.2 32 bit server 2003 but when moved to 64 bit 9.3 I get a style error

I've narrowed it down to on part of the code that creates the error

WARNING: In Event: style_over_ride, Invalid Expression:

ERROR: WHERE clause operator requires numeric variables.

the ods part of the code is as follows.  what has changed from 9.2 to 9.3?

ods tagsets.ExcelXP options(embedded_footnotes='yes'  embedded_titles='yes'

suppress_bylines='yes' sheet_interval='bygroup' sheet_label=' '

width_fudge='.75' orientation='landscape'

absolute_column_width='68.5,90.5,150.5,130.5,100.5,100,68.5,68.5,68.5,68.5,68.5,68.5,68.5'

autofit_height='yes' frozen_headers='3' center_horizontal ='yes');

proc print...

run;

quit;

ods tagsets.excelxp close;

run;quit;

ods listing;

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

Your error is in a WHERE statement, not shown.

The warning about a style override means some appearance may not be as desired in teh output and the overrides are not shown.

Calcite | Level 5

yep...someone wrote a custom template and some other code long ago I think the where was in there maybe because when I took it out the problem went away

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

When you have code that involves a custom template and involves TAGSETS.EXCELXP and different behavior between 9.2 and 9.3, then you have the perfect set of reasons to work with SAS Tech Support.

cynthia

Calcite | Level 5

calling SAS is part of my plan.

today I went through as much of the code as I could to see what worked and try to make adjustments.  I think many of the custom stuff is now doable in SAS....some of this stuff was written years ago.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation