BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
hi friends,
I have a dataset having data for whole day. i want to plot data time vs volumn
now the problem is volumn are high only during few hours of day otherwise they are null,
these volumn are high from 8:00 to 8:20, from 9:30 to 10:00 and then 15:30 to 16:00
so i want to break x- axis and plot only during this periods.
so i wrote
axis2
ORDER="08:00"T TO "08:20"T BY minute5,"09:00"T TO "10:00"T BY minute5,"15:30"T TO "16:10"T BY minute5 ;

but i am not getting the required output. its show time for whole day evenly spaced.

i am getting warning as

WARNING: The intervals on the axis labeled ESTime are not evenly spaced.
WARNING: No minor tick marks will be drawn because major tick increments have been specified in uneven or unordered intervals.

any solutions or suggestions?

Regards
Avi
3 REPLIES 3
Bill
Quartz | Level 8
Avi;

I think your data might be better displayed with a vbar graph in proc gchart. Bar graphs are better for detecting values, line graphs are better for detecting trends. I expect that gchart will provide the axis break more naturally. Be sure to show a note somewhere indicating that null periods are not shown.

wd
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thank you Bill for your suggestions.
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20
It depends on the device driver you are using.
[pre]
data t;
do t=0 to 24*60*60 by 5*60;
if ("08:00"T <=t<= "08:20"T) or ("09:00"T <=t<= "10:00"T) or ("15:30"T <=t<= "16:10"T) then v=t;
else v=0;
output;
end;
format t time.;
run;

axis2 ORDER="08:00"T TO "08:20"T BY minute5,"09:00"T TO "10:00"T BY minute5,"15:30"T TO "16:10"T BY minute5 ;
goption dev=win;
proc gplot data=t;
plot v*t/haxis=axis2;
run;
quit;
[/pre]
This works fine with WIN, PNG or GIF drivers, but not with activex, which likes doing things its own way.

Message was edited by: Chris@NewZealand

Argh, < playing up again

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation