BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi there,
I am using gbarline to draw some graphs.
I want the X axis of the bar chart to get all the possible values of the discrete character variable but in that specific order in the datasets. How can I do that?

Thank you so much. Appreciate it.
2 REPLIES 2
deleted_user
Not applicable
I think you need to be a little more specific in your question. Your statement about the order in the data sets suggests you might want something like O R D E B Y. I suspect that the axis declarations don't allow sequencing other than collating sequence or reverse collating sequence.

I will look at that, and see whether it can be done. Meantime, please provide an example of the order required.

Kind regards

David
Bill
Quartz | Level 8
This may call for some exquisite SAS trickery!

Some possibilities include adding a new variable that allows explicit ordering and then:

Applying a format to that variable to get the appropriate label on the chart or, using an axis statement with tick mark labels e.g. value=(t=1 'ValueName1' t=2 'ValueName2') etc.

wd

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation