BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JamBar
Calcite | Level 5

I'm having trouble getting the column widths to adjust.  I just want them to extend to the largest column width.

Proc Export;

ods tagsets.excelxp file='c:\temp\table1.xml' style=sasweb

options(embedded_titles='yes'

Autofit_width='yes');

proc print data=work.table1 nooks; 

title "Title";

run;

ods _all_ close;

Thanks for any help you can provide.

2 REPLIES 2
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

TBH I don't like using guessing methods so I avoid the autofit, and set widths in my code.  This avoids dissapointment in the output when data changes.

ods tagsets.excelxp file='c:\temp\table1.xml' style=sasweb options(embedded_titles='yes');

proc report data=work.table1 nowd;

title "Title";

columns a b c;

define a / style(column)=[cellwidth=3cm];

run;

ods _all_ close;

To add, you don't need to supply exact measurements, you can use percentages, but I find if your data is one character in first run, then you get a cell with 200 it really messes your outputs up, so I like fixed output structure.

JamBar
Calcite | Level 5

That seemed to do the trick.  Thank you!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation